Professional Engagement Officer
Location: London or Chesterfield (with regular UK-wide travel)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £28,500 – £31,500 + benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: midnight on Sunday 30 September
Download the job description and person specification from our website.
Do you want to make a tangible difference to the lives of people living with arthritis and other musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions? Are you passionate about supporting and inspiring health care professionals to improve outcomes for people living with the pain and disability of arthritis? If so, we want to hear from you!
About the role
As part of the Professional Engagement team you will be supporting the development, promotion and implementation of a high-profile leadership programme for health care professionals.
We have just launched a clinical leadership initiative which will aim to support professionals through an 18 month development programme.
Those health care professionals that have been successfully recruited to this scheme will be called ‘MSK Champions'. They will play a pivotal role in driving improvements in MSK care across primary and community settings. By achieving tangible service improvements, the MSK Champion Leadership Programme will form a vital element of Versus Arthritis’ strategic approach towards improving the quality of life of people with MSK conditions across the UK. The Professional Engagement Officer will be integral to the success of this programme.
The Professional Engagement Officer will coordinate specific elements of this initiative and will be responsible for:
- supporting the development of communications and engagement plans to facilitate the recruitment of MSK Champions
- providing ongoing support to them to drive change in their localities
- raising the profile of the initiative (internally and externally)
- maximising the impact of the ‘Champions’ network
- supporting the wider professional engagement team with the delivery of health care professional communications, events, engagement activities and education resources to enable them to deliver the best care and support to people with arthritis.
To be a success in this role we would like you to demonstrate:
- Excellent track record in project management, including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective partnership working with health and social care or clinical professionals, including the ability to empathise, negotiate solutions, solve problems and inspire confidence and trust.
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating marketing, communication and engagement plans, preferably for the health care professional audience.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
1. a concise, up-to-date CV
2. and a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
3. Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on Sunday 30 September via the link on our wesbite
Interviews expected: Friday 5 October in our Chesterfield office.
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 10 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this. We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis. Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis. Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156