Head of Internal Communications
The military Charity are key in supporting those who fought in the Armed forces and have some very exciting projects in the lead up to Christmas.
- Lead and inspire a small team to engage and inspire our employees and members to achieve the 5 year strategy objectives and supporting KPI's
- Develop and maintain our internal communication infrastructure and toolset to ensure that the organisation has the ability to regularly reach all of our employees and individual members
- Working with Executive Board, develop the key strategic messages to engage with our Internal audiences
- Prioritise key messages and engagement to the hardest to reach - Care Homes and Break Centres
- Maintain and develop KPI's to monitor engagement and understanding of key messages across Members and Employees
- Develop and implement an annual Internal Communications plan prioritising key strategic projects by working with Executive Board/Assistant Directors and Heads of Department
- Advise and influence key messaging within the key strategic projects to be in line with our values and behaviour and to follow sound principles of communication - simplicity; clarity and consistency.
- Encourage an agile and reactive process for enabling more light touch/transactional messages to reach employees and members as appropriate
- Manage the production of member/employee communication materials to be on time and within budget including the relationships with third party suppliers where appropriate.
- Develop and manage an Internal Communications budget that will deliver the resources and materials to support the team.
- Manage Internal Communications business partners across HR and Membership & Volunteering to drive consistent, integrated messaging
Minimum 5 years experience in internal communications for a large, diverse organisation or experience of working in a busy information/PR department in an internal communications role
Demonstrable experience of change management
Proven experience in organisational values work/brand engagement
Experience of managing budgets (in excess of £1 million) and maximising return on investment
Significant experience in communication - written and verbal - and the ability to write targeted copy
- 6 months interim opportunity
- Experience working in a brilliant London based military Charity
- 52-53k salary