Comms & Marketing Manager - START-UP CHARITY
A unique opportunity for a creative and entrepreneurial individual to help establish a marketing comms function within a disruptive charity start-up - inspiring young people from all backgrounds to become the science and technology leaders of tomorrow.
At FIRST® UK we help develop today’s young people into innovators by harnessing their fascination with technology and immersing them in fun-filled robotics spanning their school years. We’re more than just robots - we’re a global movement of educators and influencers determined to equip the next generation with the core STEM and life skills they’ll need to transform our futures.
As a rapidly expanding charity we’re now seeking a brilliant, enthusiastic individual to help establish our comms function and drive us forward at pace – churning out awesome comms, narrating compelling stories, developing great assets, building the brand. Your role will be rich and varied, encompassing:
· Marketing – devising and implementing communications strategies to multiple audiences
· Creative - supporting the design and production of online, offline and social media content
· Copywriting - producing engaging digital content, e-comms, social posts and resources
· Digital - maintaining and developing our website offering and digital presence
· Social media - owning and building the charity’s social media presence
· Events marketing - developing collateral, promotional materials and event branding
· PR - managing and developing press, media and celebrity relationships
This is a rare, potentially career-defining opportunity to take a formative hand in shaping the direction of an organisation set to transform young lives. Perhaps you’ll have worked in a high performing team developing great campaigns, promoting new products or services across all channels to multiple audiences. Whatever your background, you’ll be a dynamic self-starter with a desire to make a positive contribution to society - quick to learn, adapt and bring people with you.
To apply: answer three short questions, whack in a cover letter of no more than 1 page and your CV.
“The kids aren’t building robots, the robots are building the kids”