Regional Manager (South of England)
- Contract Type
The Leprosy Mission England and Wales (TLMEW) is a leading international Christian development organisation with 140 years’ experience and is part of the TLM worldwide family. TLMEW are active in 11 countries, currently with over 50 projects addressing the causes and consequences of leprosy, ranging from health and livelihoods to advocacy, water and sanitation.
Our purpose is to increase awareness and understanding of Leprosy and to achieve fundraising targets in excess of £20 million over the next three years in order to support the overseas projects.
As the face of The Leprosy Mission in the South of England, you will report to the Community Development Manager and will need to:
- be an engaging presenter/public speaker;
- have proven success as a regional fundraiser or have requisite proven sales/marketing success gained in the business sector;
- recruit new supporters and manage volunteers to give generously of their time, talents and resources;
- have excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills;
- be willing to work on Sundays and evenings as required, and occasional Saturdays;
- be able to develop and deliver a regional fundraising strategy.
TLMEW is an explicitly Christian charity, and your role will be to represent the Mission’s purpose and ethos to external audiences. You will be a confident speaker with the ability to adapt your style to suit all church denominations. As you will be required to undertake biblical research to locate appropriate scripture for use in TLMEW presentation and written materials, and may be asked to lead the services in some supporting churches, there is an occupational requirement for the Regional Manager to be a practicing Christian.
Living within one of the following postcodes (SN, OX, RG, GU, PO, SO, BH, SP or DT), you will work from home but be expected to travel extensively within your area and occasionally to the Peterborough Office. A valid driving licence is an essential requirement for the role, as a car allowance will be provided to enable you to have a car to assist you with the duties associated with this role.
To apply, please complete the application form which can be download from our website via the 'apply' button.
Closing date: Wednesday 19 September 2018
Preliminary interview date: Monday 1 October 2018 in Salisbury
Interview date: Tuesday 16 October and Wednesday 17 October 2018 in Peterborough
The Leprosy Mission, England and Wales is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a medical and an enhanced DBS check.
Registered Charity number: 1050327.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Faith-Based Full Time jobs in South West England
- Marketing Faith-Based Full Time jobs in South West England
- Senior Management Faith-Based Full Time jobs in South West England
- Management Faith-Based Full Time jobs in South West England
- Business Development & Commercial Faith-Based Full Time jobs in South West England