Peer Support and Volunteer Facilitator
The Volunteer & Peer Support Facilitator is responsible for our client's Peer Support and Volunteering programme, alongside colleagues in the Peer Support and Volunteering team. This includes recruitment, training, supervision and development of both types of volunteering within this organisation, a mental health charity.
Title: Peer Support and Volunteer Facilitator
Job Ref: PSVF170818
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £20,541 per annum (Point 21 NJC Salary Scale), with a discretionary system of annual increments
Holidays: 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays
Probationary Period: 6 Months
Pension: Auto enrolment pension scheme in place
Place of work: Oxford, OX2
Our client is a mental health charity. They’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support. They provide a range of support services across Oxfordshire from an information line to supported housing. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need this charity more than ever.
Their work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The Talking Space Plus psychological therapy service, in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing and Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity
They employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
About the Job
Peer Support Volunteers are people with direct personal experience of mental health problems who use this experience explicitly in their volunteer role, additionally this charity has regular volunteers who support their work without explicit lived experience. Volunteering can be an important part of service users’ recovery journeys and makes vital and valuable contributions to our work. The post holder will also liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Support the targeted recruitment, training and placement of Volunteers and Peer Supporters across the charity, including the development of new roles as required.
- Develop and deliver the organisation’s volunteer training programmes.
- Facilitate regular individual and group supervision sessions for Volunteers and Peer Supporters.
- Work with Volunteers and Peer Supporters to identify their personal development goals, signposting them where appropriate to other services such as employment and training support and/or other external volunteering opportunities.
- Maintain an up to date Volunteers and Peer Supporters database.
- Publicise the charity’s Peer Support & Volunteering work locally and nationally.
- Liaise with Managers and Coordinators to identify volunteering and peer support opportunities within the charity.
Closing Date: 16 September 2018
Interview date: Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application.
Our client is fully committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunity and diversity.
They are a Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Administration Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe
- Training Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe
- Volunteers Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe