Head of Retail
This amazing children’s hospice in Oxford relies on a successful retail operation to help fund its work and we need an experienced Head of Retail to set the strategic direction for the retail team, focusing on maximising net contribution for the charity.
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational retail lead who has a natural ability to relate to people from all walks of life as well as the drive and enthusiasm to deliver an outstanding performance across all aspects of charity shop management. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate broad knowledge and experience of working as a senior manager in the charity retail sector and possess a strong record of delivering outstanding results.
You’ll be responsible for
- Leading a team of regional managers to establish the highest standards of customer service across the shop network and ensure appropriate objectives, measures and key performance indicators are in place, addressing any issues as appropriate.
- Planning and managing the annual retail operating budget, reforecasting quarterly and taking steps to address underperformance.
- Reduce the cost base of the retail operation by building a culture of volunteer recruitment, empowerment and development, and associated processes and connecting volunteers with the work of the children’s hospice.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that the retail team are part of the wider Helen & Douglas House team and are able to advocate for the charity with customers and other supporters.
- Represent the retail team at Executive and Trustee meetings where appropriate and report on performance.
- Work with the heads team in fundraising to embed shared fundraising and retail objectives across income generation and ensure that all opportunities to maximise income are realised (e.g. Gift Aid, Lottery sales, regular gift sign up).
- Ensure that relationships in the community are managed in a way which achieve best outcome for the supporter and the charity.
The work you do will have a make a significant contribution to the lives of terminally ill children so if you’re looking for a role where you can actually see the difference you make, then Helen & Douglas House could be the place for you. Without a great team of staff and volunteers we could not provide the level of care and support that we do. If you are ready for a strategically important and senior leadership role in retail and you can demonstrate the right skills and experience, then we want to hear from you.
Please note the work location for this vacancy is Home Based/Oxford office.
For further details please see the job description and if you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com or call the Human Resources team on 01865 794749.
Closing date for applications is 5th September 2018, interview will happen at Oxford office on the week commencing the 24th september 2018..
Please complete the application process through Helen & Douglas House website only. Unfortunately we cannot accept any CV's by email or via other websites/job boards.
HDH provides symptom management, end-of-life care, respite, emotional and bereavement support across central southern England. We are dedicated to the care and support of babies, children, teenagers and young adults and their families. We provide in-house care at our purpose-built facilities in Oxford, 24/7 and we support people in their own homes, their local community, and in hospitals. We do this through our expert team of staff and volunteers, working closely with each individual, their family, and the wider team of professionals around them.
Staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this