Head of Individual Giving - Social Care & Welfare Charity
There has never been a more exciting time to join Age UK.
Last year, our Fundraising team raised over £50M; the most we’ve ever raised. We’re now investing in an ambitious new Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for more older people who need someone to turn to.
The newly created Head of Individual Marketing and Management role is pivotal to our strategy and will provide leadership and direction to the team, driving long-term, sustainable income growth for Age UK and Age International. This is an exciting new role for an individual who has thorough knowledge of individual fundraising products, and is looking to develop their career and use their passion and ambition to make a significant difference to older people in need of our support.
- Lead on driving overall donor acquisition, retention and individual marketing strategies, ensuring that they are evidence based and of the greatest long-term benefit to Age UK and Age International
- Be responsible for ensuring that Age UK’s public fundraising products, activities and propositions are directly in line with the Charity’s priority for driving unrestricted income against our primary objectives and plans
- To lead on defining our suite of individual fundraising products and propositions to ensure sustainable income growth
- To oversee the efficiency, performance and delivery of Individual Marketing & Management business plans
- Be responsible for the Individual Marketing & Management team budgets, forecasting and KPIs
- To collaborate across the Charity, to ensure cohesion, alignment of strategic objectives and integration with all opportunities utilised
- To play a full part as a member of the HODs team, shaping and delivering the Directorate strategy
- Provide strong leadership and management of your team and embed a culture of ambition, collaboration and problem solving to achieve results
- Demonstrable experience and success in leading and managing an Individual Giving team with a £multimillion budget across a range of marketing channels (incl Direct Mail, DRTV, Digital, Text, press, OOO)
- Experience of taking new individual products to market – with success
- Experience of working in a large multi-faceted organisation at a senior level
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of audience and donor segmentation, analytical modelling such as LTV and use of insight to drive strategy and performance
- Experience and understanding of creative process and relationship with brand identity through different channels and audiences
- Demonstrable experience on negotiating and contracting with external agencies and suppliers
- Proven people management experience and expertise
- Understanding of legal data governance issues and obligations around Data Protection legislation.
Skills and Knowledge
- High level of numerical, business planning, monitoring and budgeting control skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage and coordinate multiple projects and multi-disciplined team to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and develop effective working relationships with people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to understand legal frameworks and requirements, and implications of decisions in the best interest of the charity
- Skills to respond to internal and external factors, trends and opportunities
The role may require occasional travel to sites outside of London.