Head of Fundraising Planning and Performance - Social Care & Welfare Charity
There has never been a more exciting time to join Age UK.
Last year, our Fundraising team raised over £50M; the most we’ve ever raised. We’re now investing in an ambition new Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for more older people who need someone to turn to.
As part of our strategic plan, a number of new critical leadership roles have been created to drive forward the epic change that we need. We’re looking for passionate, ambitious, dynamic, innovative and expert fundraisers to join us and change the future of Age UK fundraising.
- Transform, embed and monitor our fundraising operations and processes to ensure we meet strategic fundraising objectives
- To deliver excellence in planning, monitoring and evaluating across the Fundraising portfolio
- Create and embed a culture of development, continuous improvement and success
- Set us up to be first-class supporter-first fundraisers
Strategy, planning & process improvement
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring and evaluation of our fundraising portfolio to ensure that accurate interpretation of product performance informs our fundraising planning and activities
- Create and lead best practice across the Fundraising Directorate in monitoring and evaluating
- Be accountable for tracking KPIs and ensuring thorough evaluations and recommendations are made across fundraising teams
- Provide a strategic support function to the fundraising directorate to transform fundraising operations and processes to enable growth through more effective fundraising
Data Insight & Analysis
- Use insight and analysis to inform and drive business decisions, driven by a supporter-led approach
- Develop and own a fundraising performance process to report on KPIs that can regularly be shared with Directors SMT and Trustees
- Work hand-in-hand with HoDs and senior leaders in CRM, Risk and business-planning functions to ensure the capture, management and sharing of data in line with business practice
Leadership & Engagement
- To lead by example on collaborative, cross-functional working relationships – seeking opportunities and addressing issues head-on
- Work proactively and positively with Directors and Heads across Fundraising, CRM and Charity Directorate to co-ordinate strategic fundraising plans connected to wider Age UK charitable activities, policies and ambitions
- To form and lead a new Fundraising Planning & Performance team and instil an culture of ambition and proactive performance management across the team
- Proactively contribute the wider Fundraising Leadership team to support division-wide motivation, decision making, opportunity management and risk management
- To develop a culture of controlled risk in which new ideas and approaches are embraced and tested
- To deputise for the Fundraising Director or represent other Heads and Directors of Fundraising as appropriate
- Proven track record of success across individual or mass-market fundraising areas or audiences
- Deep understanding and proven track record of marketing and stewardship techniques
- Demonstrable ability to use data and insight to inform decision making and product and/or process improvement
- Evidence of developing and implementing new process or products
- Proven experience of planning and process management and improving operational processes or systems
- Proven experience of leading cross-team projects and influencing and motivating a variety of stakeholders at all levels
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven skills in strategic thinking and planning and complex problem solving on key issues
- Confidence to make credible recommendations to Directors and HoDs around Age UK’s fundraising expenditure and plans
- Excellent communications skills with demonstrable ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Ambition, drive and enthusiasm to lead and embed a culture of top-class fundraising performance
- High level of emotional intelligence with ability to navigate the dynamics of relationships to achieve objectives
Not accountable for direct income targets – play a critical role in ensuring that our £8M investment against £50M income target is successful – and will play a critical role in decision making around the £8M investment.
IF your interested in applying for this role please press the apply button.