IT Infrastructure Engineer
Position title: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary guideline: Competitive
Terms of Employment: Permanent Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date: Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 24th August 2018
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s): Interviews: W/C 27th August 2018 Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Full Person / Role Specification available upon request.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office is in Nottingham with additional sites located in London and Birmingham. Moreover, there are partner offices whom receive support, they are based in Paris, Marseille, Toronto and Cape Town; occasional travel between these locations will be required. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our IT Team as an infrastructure engineer responsible for the core hardware and software infrastructure of the organisation.
This infrastructure is:
- 5 office locations with around 80 users in total
- HP & Dell Servers
- Cisco and Netgear switches
- Sonicwall routers and firewalls
- Dell desktops & laptops with a small number of Mac, Surface Pros & BYOD
- VMware ESXi 6
- Windows Server 2016 (small number of Windows Server 2012 R2 awaiting upgrade)
- Windows 10
- Active Directory, DFS, Group Policy, DirectAccess
- Office 365
- Veaam & Cloudberry
Main purpose of the Role:
In this role you will be reporting directly to the IT Manager and will be tasked with maintaining and enhancing this infrastructure through regular maintenance, documentation, troubleshooting help desk tickets and forward planning of upgrades, enhancements and disaster recovery.
You will be given the chance to help shape the organisation’s IT future, keeping us at the forefront & staff productive as well as data secure.
The role requires providing out-of-hours support during agreed periods.
Essential: Ideal Candidate will:
- Possess several years’ experience in hardware & software infrastructure management
- Possess thorough experience in key technologies such as Active Directory, DFS, Group Policy, VPN
- Possess working-knowledge of SCCM for deployment, patching and lifecycle management
- Be able to demonstrate strong expertise in data security including firewalls, BitLocker & WiFi configuration
- A can-do attitude and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Possess original certification to demonstrate suitable qualifications such as MCP, CCNA, CSSP, VCA
- Demonstrate familiarity with Asterisk PBX systems and/or SIP/VOIP technologies
- Possess suitable work-experience with hybrid cloud infrastructure on AWS or Azure
- Demonstrate gainful work-experience within a NGO/Charity experience
This role would suit someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and who enjoys facing challenges; often working to tight deadlines during unsociable hours.
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number.
Deadline for applications is 24th August 2018 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date then your application will have been unsuccessful.