Finance and Support Services Officer (One Year Fixed Term Contract)
Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world.
Finance and Support Services Officer (One Year FTC)
Location: Guinea Bissau
Salary: Local terms and conditions will apply
Working under the supervision of the Programme Officer of the Programme Management Unit (PMU) set up by Sightsavers in Guinea Bissau, the Finance and Support Services Officer will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Support financial control and managing risk;
- Ensure compliance to the organisational Financial Framework with specific respect to implementation of financial management and controls, financial planning and budgeting; financial monitoring & audits and keeping financial records.
- Ensure compliance to local regulations and governance requirements.
- Manage logistics, supplies and procurement as per the procurement policy and procedures.
- Ensure IT equipment and connectivity for PMU staff in line with Sightsavers ICT policies.
- Support, administer and strengthen financial management, accountability and capacities of partners in accordance with Sightsavers Partnership Development Policy.
- Support collaboration between finance and programme teams for joint review of project/programme reports, planning and analysis.
- Support and provide grant management support for all NTD projects (Restricted and unrestricted funding).
- Support proper financial monitoring of projects including audit of funds provided
- Implement HR policies and procedures including payroll and training
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Relevant professional accounting qualification or a degree in Finance/ Accounting. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Substantial working experience, ideally in an INGO environment but audit and NGO experience will be an advantage.
- Experience of financial management, programme and project management and administration.
- Project financial management and data analysis skills.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- The ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong IT skills; Excel, MS Word, accounting packages and email.
- The ability to understand and work with project budgets, forecasts and reports.
- Fluency in both Portuguese and English
Please note that all applications should be submitted in English.
Deadline for applications submission: 13 August, 2018.
Interviews are anticipated w/c 3 September 2018.
We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply.