Chief Executive Officer
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Chair of Trustees
Accountable to: Board of Trustees
Location: South London
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 (DOE)
Compass Executives are proud to be exclusively partnering a rapidly growing Charitable Benevolent Fund for the Care Sector in their search for a passionate and innovative Chief Executive Officer.
Our client supports anyone who works or has worked in care in the UK. This support includes grants, information, advice on finance and well-being. The ultimate goal of the organisation is that no care worker will ever face financial hardship alone.
Over the last 12 months, the organisation has dramatically increased its annual turnover and has ambitious plans to grow further.
You will be responsible for the overall leadership and long-term strategy of the charity by working closely with the Trustees and team to continue the charities successful and rapid growth over the last 18 months. You will manage and develop a team of five by ensuring appropriate skills training and development is in place.
You will develop clear, innovative and ambitious strategic plans for the charity whilst driving operational efficiencies and improvements. You will engage people of all levels across the care community including CEOs and C-Suite Professionals, Donors, High Net Worth Individuals and other relevant organisations to promote and income generate for the charity.
Supporting those who work in care is at the heart of the Charity’s ethos and you will work closely with the Chair of the Board of Trustees and other members to deliver a high quality level of support. You will ensure the service provided continuously expands and innovates; whilst driving the strategic vision of the charity with relevant external partners and organisations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Leadership and management
Provide leadership by embodying the Charity’s values and working supportively across the organisation to improve operational and business performance
- Strategic leadership of the organisation ensuring that the Charity develops and delivers a sustainable yet ambitious business strategy; gains the necessary Board approvals; and is accountable to the Board for implementation
- People management. Empowering colleagues to maximise their contribution; to be agile, entrepreneurial and innovative and work within and across the team to ensure development and growth from team members
- Leading and developing the five-year strategy for the charity
- Ownership for the corporate and financial reporting, including the creation and on-going reporting to the Chair and Trustees
- Driving the strategic vision of the charity internally and externally, whilst being an ambassador for the charity when engaging with and meeting influential external parties/partners
- Business development and income generation. To continue to grow revenue through increased memberships numbers (meeting and networking with sector leaders) and additional new revenue streams deemed appropriate
- To act as the ‘face’ of the charity and make regular appearances at sector events, conferences and forums including public speaking commitments
Skills and Characteristics
- We are looking for a truly exceptional individual to drive the charity through a period of exponential growth. You will need to be a dynamic, charismatic, innovative, committed, passionate, highly visible leader. You will have an entrepreneurial mind-set and an ability to quickly turn ideas in to reality.
- We are also looking for someone who has a strong cultural fit with our values and ambition; someone who can articulate a culture of creative, responsive and proactive leadership - modelling, inspiring and motivating those around them.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management role within health, social care or a major charity.
- Extensive experience of delivering effective strategic and operational leadership, business growth and team management
- Track record of nurturing a highly-capable team through creating a culture of responsibility, autonomy and accountability
How to Apply
To express interest in this truly unique opportunity, please email your CV and Supporting Statement to Ben Westcott at Compass Executives (email@example.com).
An information pack will be shared thereafter.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th August 2018.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (South)
- Senior Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (South)
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (South)
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (South)
- Trusts & Foundations Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (South)