Job Title: Philanthropy Manager
Hours: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: £37,000 - £40,000
We are working in partnership with a children’s hospice which has supported over 900 families, looking after children and young people aged from birth to 19 years old who have life-limiting or life-threatening conditions. The charity also offers residential and community services across North and North East London, West Essex and East Hertfordshire, including respite and end-of-life care.
The charity is now looking to recruit a Philanthropy Manager who will have overall responsibility for cultivating relationships with philanthropists and high net worth individuals to generate major donations. You will build on the current major donor programme and substantially grow income and other contributions via direct asks and applications to family and corporate trusts. You will deliver excellent account management and cultivate productive relationships with donors.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in major donor fundraising with evidence of securing 5 and 6 figure donations (high net worth individuals and/or trusts)
- Experience of working with internal and external senior individuals to develop existing relationships and establish new ones
- Exceptional networking skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Demonstrable experience of making the ‘ask’ successfully
- Experience of designing and delivering events for a major gift audience
- Ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and engage a wide range of audiences
You will be a focussed, target orientated and highly motivated individual with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then please submit your CV and supporting statement in a Word document to Jill Livingstone firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1544.
Our client is looking to interview as soon as possible, so please apply without delay.