Grants and Relationship Manager
Grants and Relationship Manager*
Circa £38,000 + excellent benefits
Closing date: 31st July
Interviews: Week commencing 6th August
Are you a driven and engaging individual who can help us drive towards our goal of beating cancer sooner? Are you looking for a new challenge in a different sector, and a chance to make a difference?
At Cancer Research UK, we aim to ensure that we fund and support a wealth of innovative, world-class cancer research that will contribute towards our vision of beating cancer sooner.
Our Research Funding Operations Team is pivotal to ensuring that Cancer Research UK continues to fund world-class cancer research. As Team Leader* in the Operations Team you will:
- Take the lead on delivering the operational activity associated with our funding panels and committees, scientific networking opportunities and events
- Support, develop and line-manage a team of five Grants Officers, guiding them in staying organised, juggling competing priorities and project managing with a high degree of professionalism and training new starters as required;
- Provide professional, customer-facing support - internally, you will help deliver the priorities of our scientific research management teams and, externally, you will liaise with researchers and universities;
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements as required, collaborating with teams across the charity.
To see a more details job description please click here.
To take on this exciting challenge, you will:
- Enjoy the buzz of juggling work and priorities in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment;
- Be highly organised and have great attention to detail;
- Enjoy working with people, and ideally have some experience of managing a small team or supervising others in their tasks;
- Have the ability to work independently, to drive your own work and be accountable for your own direction and to manage ambiguity as it arises;
- Be able to communicate with and influence others effectively, building internal networks collaboration within and beyond the organisation;
- Contribute to the developing strategy of your function, with an understanding of what our strategy means for you and your role.
What you will gain:
As well as joining the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer, you'll benefit from working alongside colleagues with a wealth of experience in various operational and grant management specialties, enjoying a strong peer network and the support of a close-knit, fast-paced team. Working in one of the charity sector's most impactful grant management teams will provide you with plenty of new challenges and opportunities to stretch yourself to achieve the team's goals. We also have a comprehensive benefits package to reward and recognise our staff including generous holiday entitlement, travel cards, pension contribution scheme, gym membership and discounts on anything from travel to technology. If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career as we work hard to help beat cancer sooner.
Our passion, determination and ambition lead us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets. If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career.
*Note that internally, this role is known as 'Grants Manager'.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.