Head of Legacies and Single Gifts
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
Contract Type: 12-month fixed term contract, maternity cover
Location: Central Office
Hours: 35 hours per week
Working pattern: Monday to Friday
Interview dates: TBC
We cannot provide sponsorship for the role.
We are recruiting for an experienced and ambitious Head of Legacies & Single Gifts to lead, develop and manage all aspects of Individual Giving.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference and be part of a high-profile, innovative and successful team.
In your application, you will need to evidence, using specific examples, how your skills and experience meet the criteria laid out in the person specification, within the Job Description below. Requirements include;
• Working closely with the Database Marketing team to produce business intelligence and data analysis for development, planning, monitoring of budgets and strategy development
• Managing, coaching and developing the One-Off Giving team and monitoring the budget for One Off Giving
• Proven track record of developing and implementing effective and successful fundraising in particular legacies within the charity sector
• Experience of managing direct marketing and multi million pound budgets is essential along with experience of people management
• Knowledge of financial accounting, MS Office particularly Excel is essential.
For more information on this role, the requirements and our benefits package, please see the documents attached below.
Working at Guide Dogs
Working at Guide Dogs is much more than just a job. Through the values that guide our work, we make a real difference, and change lives.
We believe that wellbeing at work is about creating an environment to promote a state of contentment which allows all employees to flourish and achieve their full potential for the benefit of themselves and for Guide Dogs.
As a member of staff, we offer you a wide range of benefits to suit your individual needs. These include; 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years' service), flexible benefits package and a defined contribution group personal pension plan.
Guide Dogs welcomes applications from all sections of the community and actively encourages diversity to maximise achievements, creativity and good practice. We positively welcome, and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or nationality. We encourage applications from disabled people as they are currently under-represented in the organisation and guarantee an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the job.
Guide Dogs is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom we work. We expect all our employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.