Communications & Engagement Manager
Public Sector organisation in Leicester
- Deliver a full range of communications and engagement services
- Lead in the development, implementation and evaluation of a range of communications and engagement projects, campaigns strategies and programmes of work
- Provide strategic communications and engagement advice to customers
- Support management of the organisations corporate identity and advise staff, partners and other stakeholders in its appropriate use
- Write, produce and commission promotional materials for distribution internally and externally, ensuring effective production of high quality newsletters, leaflets, press releases, editorial content (online and offline) and promotional materials
- Ensure clear, accurate and timely information is provided to the media and that media queries are handled appropriately by the communications and engagement team
- Plan, develop and evaluate methods and processes for gathering, analysing, interpreting and presenting data and information, particularly contentious and politically sensitive issues
- Proactively manage appropriate social media channels in a timely way
- Provide reputation management advice, lead in anticipating, responding to media enquiries and briefing journalists; respond to ministerial briefings and manage appropriately
- Manage events ranging from public engagement events through to high profile events eg ministerial/VIP visits.
Significant experience of working in the communications and engagement field and proven track record of delivery.
Planning and delivering effective public consultation and engagement and devising new ways of reaching and involving people.
Effective use and integration of a number of communications channels and functions - engagement and consultation, internal communications, media relations, social media, marketing, events, campaigns, publicity, branding, design, digital and editorial
4 days a week
£180 to £200 a day