Are you an outstanding writer who can produce clear, concise and easy-to-follow bid documents? Can you cut through complex information to identify key themes and articulate compelling arguments? And do you have what it takes to manage the wider bid process by gaining the co-operation of colleagues at all levels?
Then you could now have a significant impact on Turning Point’s development and growth.
As one of the UK’s leading health and social care organisations, we bid for contracts worth many millions of pounds every year. You will build on our success in the mental health and learning disability sectors, using your expertise to project manage and produce winning bids that answer commissioners’ questions and communicate our strategies, values and strengths. As you might expect, we will rely on you to gather information and conduct interviews with Operations Managers to tease out and interpret strategic and operational data. But you will also keep abreast of market developments, develop effective proposal structures, write effective responses and work closely with other internal stakeholders to ensure that bids are delivered on time and to the highest possible standard.
First and foremost, you must be a creative professional writer who can interpret and evaluate data and translate it into coherent and persuasive prose. In addition, you will need experience of managing the entire tendering and bid writing process, from pre-qualification questionnaire right through to final presentation. A background in the mental health and/or learning disability sector would be a distinct advantage, but you could come from the private sector as long as you demonstrate a good understanding of the issues faced by people with mental health needs and learning disabilities. Outstanding interpersonal and team skills are, of course, essential – and you must have the flexibility to travel to our difference services when necessary.
What benefits will I receive?
- ‘My Turning Point’ bespoke Reward Discount Scheme sharing a range of online range of offers and discounts including shopping vouchers, discounts on gas and electric bills, gym scheme discounts, up to 55% off the cost of cinema tickets and much more!!
- You may also benefit from our Childcare Voucher scheme, our bike to work scheme, season ticket loans and much more!
- Receive a £200 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they’re employed
- Inspired by Possibility Employee of the Year scheme – in recognition of your excellence
- Life assurance scheme for all team members and enhanced contributory Pension scheme
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice – also available to family members.
- Online Right Steps Health & Wellbeing Support package to all our team members. Information and evidence based support you can trust about low mood and anxiety, drugs and alcohol, healthy eating, stress at work and physical activity
- Competitive rates of pay with annual Pay Reviews
- Annual Holiday allowance – Buy and sell annual leave options to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working patterns to support work/home life balance
- Excellent training opportunities leading to career development – ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop. We provide a thorough induction and training program when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals, we’ll help you develop and progress your career.
Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised