Brexit Internal Communications Manager
Our client is a FTSE 100 global pharmaceutical business based in Middlesex.
The Brexit Internal Communications Manager sits within the HR Communications team and will be responsible for delivering communications to employees who are either EU/EEA nationals in the UK or vice versa information and support services. It will also be responsible for delivering communications which focus on minimising any potential disruption, especially to the supply of medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products to patients and consumers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Brexit IE and Comms Lead to create and deliver Brexit communications to employees, across workstreams and key business stakeholders
- Mobilise cross-workstream communications coordination
- Work closely with sponsors and SMEs across key areas (e.g. HR and Regulatory) to ensure what the key communication issues and messages are aligned
- Create and deliver the communications messages using the appropriate channel
- Work closely with the People Workstream project lead and project manager to manage timely and relevant updates to EEA nationals in the UK, and UK Nationals in the EEA to provide reassurance that the organisation is managing Brexit issues on their behalf.
- Work closely with the Brexit IE/Comms lead to ensure that the important people messages are shared to the right people at the right time. This will include copy writing.
- Manage and maintain content across Brexit comms channels:
- Brexit sharepoint pages
- Brexit mailbox - responsible for managing queries coming in via the mailbox and coordinating, gathering and sign off of replies with SME's
- Brexit global materials e.g. overview slides and key messages
Liaise with the central Brexit operations team and provide regular updates as needed and in co-ordination with the Brexit comms lead
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following experience:
- Internal communications for global business, ideally pharmaceutical communications experience via direct 'in-house' communications role or through a healthcare agency
- Experience using a broad range of internal communications channels, including intranet, video, webcasts, social media, and other communications technology to inform and engage employees
- Knowledge of Sharepoint and strong writing skills essential
- Experience working in cross functional teams and matrixes, and in cross-company collaborations
The person in this role will work with the Head of Internal Brexit Communications to ensure the communications activities are timely and aligned to business priorities. They must be able to confidently interact at different levels within the organisation and be comfortable working 'virtually' providing practical communications counsel, and within a complex matrix organisation.
Up to £534/PAYE or £600/day Ltd/Umbrella company
This role is three days a week which can either be three full days or split over five days.