Neglected Tropical Diseases Programme Officer (24 month FTC)
Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world.
Neglected Tropical Diseases Programme Officer
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Responsibilities for the position of Programme Officer: Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Programme Officer will be in charge of:
- Supporting the NTD Programme in programme implementation
- Ensuring programmes supervision / monitoring
- Supporting the Programme Manager in the management of partnership issues
- Planning and ensuring the implementation of programme activities
- Collaborating with the Programme Officer-Health and Finance & Support Service Manager in programme budgets implementation
Required qualification for the position of Programme Officer
- Degree in relevant field (Public health, Medicine, eye health, Biology, Development related studies. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Substantial experience in programmes and projects management, preferably in NGOs environment
- Substantial experience in programmes and projects management, preferably in INGO environment
- Experience of working with national governments and international institutions such as the World Health Organisation, International Agency for Prevention of Blindness and other international development organisations
- Computer literacy including hands on experience in statistical packages.
- Experience in database management systems for an integrated programme
- Experience in the management of donors supported programmes would be beneficial
- Have good report writing skills
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading NTDs.
- Experience in managing an integrated NTD programme.
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment in developing and managing public health programmes.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and understanding of research.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral & written)
- Have ability to understand and work with budgets and financial provisions
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Deadline for applications submission: 20 July, 2018
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
We will be contacting short-listed candidates for interview, shortly after the closing dates. We very much regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We are sure that you will understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.