Learning and Development Coordinator
We are Parentkind, a leading charity that supports and champions all the ways parents can participate in education. We are also the leading membership organisation for parent teacher associations in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. As Parentkind enters a new phase of growth, we are looking for a Learning & Development Coordinator to join our Head Office in Tonbridge, Kent.
Who you are:
You are a learning and development professional with experience of delivering an external training function. You will have a proven track record in designing, creating and implementing training programmes as well as significant experience of identifying training needs for defined audiences and be able to recognise where changes and improvements need to be made. You will be passionate about the charity sector and be a strong communicator as well as possessing the ability to work on your own initiative, prioritise workload and excel in a fast paced progressive organisation.
Reporting into the Development & Membership Director, you will be responsible for creating a blended external training programme to support our beneficiaries; schools, parents and PTAs and other defined audiences including Multi Academy Trusts and local authorities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. You will ensure that our training needs are delivered on time and on budget, using the latest industry trends, responding to beneficiary demands and ensuring that each course is engaging which in turn generates not just revenue but a measurable outcome in enhancing the knowledge and skills on parental participation in education.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing an external annual training plans and schedules that make the best use of available resources in line with our strategic objectives.
- Conducting training analysis to address our audience needs and develop our training programme.
- Identifying and implementing recommendations for improvement in our training courses.
- Managing training budgets and revenue targets.
- Administering our external training programme including a variety of venues and courses.
- Creating, reviewing and organising training materials, manuals and resources.
- Supporting trainers with training methods, resources and skills.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of our training and trainers.
- Working with the Development & Membership Director to implement a training growth strategy.
If you share our passion to support parents in their role in their children’s education and feel you have the right qualities to make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
Job Type: Ideally on a full time basis (35 hours), although we will consider part time (approximately 28 hours a week, 0.8 FTE) and flexible working arrangements for outstanding candidates (Permanent)
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter via Parentkind’s online recruitment system where you can also find the full job pack.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 1.00pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.
Unfortunately we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 31st July 2018.