St Albans, Hertfordshire
We are working in partnership with Emmaus Hertfordshire, a homelessness charity providing up to 39 formerly homeless people with a safe home environment and the opportunity to work in the social enterprise businesses that are central to the Emmaus model. Since 2012, under the current Chief Executive, Emmaus Hertfordshire has seen a period of rapid, profitable growth, expanding to 6 shops that fund 70% of the community’s costs. The community is regarded as one of the most successful in the Emmaus UK federation. It has identified opportunities to build on this success over the next 2-5 years, with the aim of achieving financial self-sufficiency whilst increasing the number of people it is able to support out of homelessness.
The current Chief Executive will retire later this year. The charity is now seeking to appoint his successor. They are looking for a dynamic and business focused individual, with the right values, who will report to the Board, manage and motivate the whole community, and work with partner organisations to deliver the strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Previous financial management experience
- An understanding of and commitment to the Emmaus values
- An ability to understand and empathise with people in vulnerable circumstances
- Proven team building and leadership skills
- Experience of designing, developing and implementing business strategies
- Proven experience in change management, organisational design and development
- Innovative skills in seeking new revenue streams and business models
- Experience of retail business strategy and implementation (desirable)
- Excellent networking and communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you will be an entrepreneurial individual with a supportive leadership style who is committed to the causes of social inclusion and empowerment.
To apply for this exciting and important role, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Director, Charisma Recruitment Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1553.
Closing date for applications: 3 August 2018
First Interview date: 16 or 21 August 2018
Second interview date: 29 August 2018