Thank you for your interest in this challenging and high-profile role, working as an External Trustee in this diverse and exciting Investors in People Gold Standard charity.
We are looking to recruit an External Trustee to join our Board, who will ensure the Students’ Union acts within its constitution and is sustainable.
You will work alongside the Sabbatical Officers, Trustees and our Directors, giving your views on how UPSU can remain sustainable.
You will make a valuable contribution to the lives of students, and contribute hugely to both Plymouth and the HE Sector.
Applications are welcomed from experienced professionals, particularly if you have strategic experience of charity operations or contacts in the charity or HE sectors. You will be joining us as we embrace our next stage of growth; we are developing our new three-year Strategic Plan.
If you feel excited by this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Voluntary position (unpaid)
- In practical terms, Trustees are expected to attend meetings of the Board of Trustee’s (normally 5 per year, one of which is a 24 hour ‘away day’ event) and to attend one of our subcommittees (either A&R or G&A) three times per year
- You will need to ensure you are adequately prepared for such meetings.
- Are experienced professionals, with contacts in the city, charity sector and Higher Education sector
- Have significant demonstrable experience in the legal requirements of running a charity. Specialist knowledge in charity regulation would be an advantage.
- Have a good understanding of the issues affecting students in UK Higher Education and at the University of Plymouth
- Have a passion for the Students’ Union and for supporting our vision to transform lives through experience
- We are seeking a candidate who can travel to and from meetings in a day. Meetings can be scheduled to allow travel time without an overnight stay
To apply, visit https://www.upsu.com/jobs/externaltrustee2018/
Job advertised: Friday 15 June 2018
Closing date: Monday 23 July 2018 (9am)
Interview date: Tuesday 31 July 2018
Start date: To be agreed
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.