UK Grant Management Officer
We are looking for a committed individual to join us as UK Grant Management Officer. This role supports the UK Programmes department and Save the Children’s (SCUK) fundraising teams to raise vital funds for our work across the UK. This crucial role supports us to fund and sustain the work we do with families and disadvantaged children, to help ensure that they get the best start in life.
Our UK Programmes department designs and delivers programmes aimed at improving the early years for disadvantaged children in the UK.
Through our work across the four nations of the UK, we support disadvantaged children aged 0-8 and their families by improving early learning. Our ultimate aim is to contribute to narrowing the significant gap in attainment between these children and their better-off peers. We take risks and experiment to find new evidence-based programmes and approaches, scale up, and influence others to replicate them.
As UK Grant Management Officer you will have an impact on the scale of what we do, the way we raise funding and drive support for the work we do and our overall growth and sustainability which will help us to be able to continue to do this vital work in communities. Our focus is on growth of existing relationships with funders through grant management. This role allows for the right person to shape our funding approach with support from the manager, as well as guide a growth agenda with fundraisers on specific grants the post holder will manage.
To be successful you will have experience of at least one of the following funding types: trusts and foundations (incl. Big Lottery), philanthropy (major donors), corporate partnerships, statutory funding. You will be proactive, with the ability to make things happen on your own as well as with support from a great team and management. In addition, you will also be:
- A great team player, willing to support cross-team work and projects, share knowledge and expertise
- Well-organised and a good project planner, able to plan for conflicting deadlines
- A good communicator, with a highly-personable attitude. Able to work with everyone at every level respectfully, to get the best possible result
- An excellent problem solver, who is able to think about solutions to challenges and issues rather than just the issue itself
- Engaged with/ interested in the issues we are concerned with in UK Programmes: child poverty and disadvantage, the early years and early learning and education broadly
- Experienced in setting up grants and grant management, and an understanding of, and experience of working within, the UK funding environment.
You will be exposed to a range of teams across UK Programmes and Marketing, Fundraising, and Communications which will broaden your skills and experience as well as access to a new internal Global Programmes Mentoring Scheme which is available for roles at this level and will support your professional and personal development. In addition, we have a UK Funding Team L&D package for personal and professional development that is co-designed by the team and for the team. You will have a hand in shaping this as you join us.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 28th June 2018
More searches like this
- Fundraising International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Management International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Fundraising International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Major Donor/ Gifts International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Statutory Fundraising International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)