Digital Marketing Manager
This charity runs the UK’s only free, confidential, 24-hour helpline for vulnerable and isolated older people, available every day and night of the year. Since launching nationally in November 2013 it has received almost 1.5m calls, some simply “to say goodnight”. It has also recruited and trained over 4000 volunteers who make weekly calls to older people, or exchange a letter. Thanks to early support from the Big Lottery Fund and Founding Partners, the charity has established robust services in all areas of its helpline and friendship operations, and in October 2016 it completed a major project to open a new helpline office in Blackpool with 170 staff. The charity has now moved into its next phase of development to significantly grow further dependable, sustainable income from multiple sources to allow delivery of ambitious plans, and to support the operational growth and expansion of the charity’s activities, including the development of a national network of regional volunteer hubs.
We are looking for an outstanding digital communications expert who can deliver the digital marketing and social media activity through the creation and management of web and social media content and the successful delivery of online marketing campaigns.
Key Relationships: Fundraising, Communications and Operations Teams
- Create, edit and publish content updates and web pages
- Ensure content is optimised for all search engines and devices
- Develop model replies and shaping other communications in conjunction with appropriate teams
- Produce regular analytics reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage social media activity across all appropriate channels
- Communicate with subscribers to our social networking activity
- Report on social media activity
- Ensure our social media channels are free of spam
- Create and implementing campaigns and posts on Facebook and Twitter, ensuring audience appropriate messaging
- Support teams across the charity with their digital needs and contribute to maximising income, providing advice about best practice, and suggesting approaches as appropriate
Analytics and reporting
- Produce and disseminate reports on user activity to content owners and the wider organisation as required ensuring that this information is easy to understand and professionally presented
- Use Analytics to report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and social media activity.
- Adhere to all the charity’s service standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with the data protection regulations, ensuring that client information remains confidential.
We are looking for a confident, detail orientated, creative individual to join this highly motivated and committed team.
- Practical understanding and experience of digital marketing, its implementation, analysis and management
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of social media activity and experience of managing this for an organisation
- Significant experience of using web Content Management Systems, ideally WordPress
- Experience of sending email communications and knowledge of email marketing platforms
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Facebook and Twitter advertising
- Understanding of data protection legislation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review, interpret report on data
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to use basic Photoshop or equivalent
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to multi task and work effectively under pressure, managing changing priorities whilst maintaining excellent and scrupulous attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative
Values and Behaviours
- An understanding of and commitment to the work and values of the charity, and an ability to demonstrate those values in their work
- An empathy and understanding of the issues that affect older people
- Passionate about tackling the stigma of isolation and loneliness
- A proven ability to demonstrate high degree of personal integrity, self-determination and honesty
- Energetic, self-motivated with high standards and an appropriate professional image
- Commitment to the aims of the service and charity’s vision
The application deadline for this position is rolling, and we are considering applicants as we receive your details. Please don’t hesitate to send your CV and covering letter to Charlotte Wilmot, Director, Eardley Wilmot, email@example.com, and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. We very much look forward to hearing from you.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Marketing Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Community Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Events Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Greater)