HEAD OF FINANCE AND CENTRAL SERVICES
We are looking for a full time Head of Finance & Central Services to drive the charity forward in its forthcoming ventures. YMCA East Surrey is a vibrant, local charity which is truly embedded in the local community. We are passionate about providing opportunities to those who are the most vulnerable and in need. In order to do this, we need high quality central services to support what we do.
In the past year, we have won further contracts across East Surrey for the delivery of Short Breaks for those with disabilities and complex needs, started building our new multi-million pound Inclusive Sports Hall and become a registered provider for social housing.
The Head of Finance & Central Services is a key senior manager with significant responsibilities and oversees the core central functions which support YMCA East Surrey’s frontline work. The successful candidate will have a proven track of delivering results and be able to act in a confidential manner. You must be able to provide financial information and guidance that can assist with strategic decisions about the future direction of YMCA East Surrey’s work.
If you are an experienced Finance Manager, who holds accountancy qualifications and have successfully managed a team of people, then we are looking for you. If you are looking for your next role, and perhaps to diversify your knowledge of other professional fields such as HR & Marketing as managing those departments are a key part of this role, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, review and maintain financial systems, policies and procedures and monitor adherence to them
- Liaise with the CEO and senior managers to prepare individual budgets for each department and for YMCA East Surrey as a whole and to monitor actual income and expenditure against these budgets
- Produce timely and accurate monthly management accounts and other financial reports as required by the CEO and for presentation to the Finance and General Purpose (F&GP)
- Offer financial advice and strategic guidance to the CEO, Project Managers, F&GP Committee and the Board as required and to attend and report back to meetings of Senior Management and the Board
- Prepare the Annual Report and Financial Statements and arrange for them to be audited
- Provide line management for our finance team, HR and marketing managers
In return, you will be provided with an attractive package which includes:
- Salary: From £45,000 – £50,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Holiday Entitlement: Five weeks plus bank holidays. The holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March each year. An incremental annual leave increase applies with service and commences after two years completed service. A maximum of six weeks’ annual leave is available after six years’ service.
- Benefits: The post holder will be entitled to free use of the YMCA East Surrey fitness centre in Redhill and half price YMCA childcare for dependents. There is free parking available at the YMCA Sports and Community Centre.
- Pension: There is a YMCA pension scheme – details available on request.
The closing date for completed applications is Monday 2nd July at 09:00. Interviews will be held on the 10th or 11th July.
We are not accepting applications from agencies.