£50- £55k per annum + Generous benefits
Flexible work location
Ten years ago, the idea of public registers of beneficial ownership was a campaigner's long-shot. Now, with governments across the world committed to collecting and publishing information on the people who really own companies, OpenOwnership are making it a reality. Backed by DFID, OpenOwnership is poised to take its tools and support into the mainstream and deliver its first two-year strategy. At this critical moment, we are seeking a Product Owner to take the lead on the many areas requiring technical expertise in the project.
You will join a small distributed team, taking on a range of responsibilities from project management to community building and research. We're a fast-paced startup, so be ready to pitch in, work some non-standard hours, and travel internationally (up to 30% of the time). If you enjoy learning, variety and excitement in your work you will be particularly well-suited for our team.
Reporting to OpenOwnership's Project Lead and interfacing directly with members of the Steering Group, you will work with the Project Lead and Partnerships Manager to translate OpenOwnership's policy goals to technical solutions, tools, and specifications across several areas of the project. The role offers an opportunity to drive and shape work with the potential for real impact on anti- corruption and corporate transparency.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Overall program support leading on the development of technical knowledge
- Product Ownership of the OpenOwnership Register- overseeing its development in line with strategic goals and deliverables and through engaging user groups, including in the public sector and civil society.
- Managing all technical aspects of OpenOwnership's pilot program, including overseeing integration of the OpenOwnership Register with the systems of key data publishers, allowing that data to be available on OpenOwnership automatically.
- Developing the Beneficial Ownership Data Standard- working with Open Data Services Co-operative (ODSC), our partner for developing the Beneficial Ownership Data Standard.
- Representation - Representing OpenOwnership at events and meetings, promoting our technical tools and providing support to the Project Lead on interfacing with the steering group and funders.
You should have extremely strong technical knowledge and a passion for social change. The ideal candidate will have worked in tech for good roles and will have experience deploying technical tools in the service of a broader social change strategy. Experienced in managing complex projects, solving technical problems and interfacing with technical teams on behalf of users; you will have excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to translate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
We are a women-led team and strongly encourage other women and individuals from marginalized communities to apply.
Please upload your cover letter and CV as a single Word document.