Marketing & Communications Officer
Marketing and Communications Officer
Home based – with travel to St Johns and Thorpe Hall Hospices
Competitive salary plus benefits.
Do you have sound PR experience? Are you organised, ambitious and looking for your next career move in a marketing and communications environment?
We are looking for a self-starter with the proven ability of developing and implementing communication plans, with experience in using PR to generate support within a charity. This is a highly involved and varied role working closely with Hospice directors as part of the Sue Ryder marketing and communications team. This would suit a highly efficient PR candidate looking to broaden their experience within a creative, supportive and flexible environment.
Sue Ryder provides hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
• Working with the Regional Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and deliver an agreed Marketing and Communications strategy for the hospice that aligns with the organisational strategy and national marketing and communications plans.
• Develop communications plans and materials to support the hospice fundraising and volunteering activity and generating engaging content for the hospice web pages, local e-newsletter, national newsletter
• Develop a content plan and manage local social media activity working closely with the Regional Marketing and Communications Manager and the Social Media Manager to ensure maximum impact and a joined up approach.
• Ensure that the public areas of the hospice, information in patient rooms and all marketing and PR activity is in line with Sue Ryder brand guidelines and promotes the hospice as part of a national charity.
• Responsibility for local media releases, building good relationships and briefing spokespeople, drafting patient stories/case studies and obtaining consent, media evaluation and gathering images and video content for the local media.
• Develop a strong network of relationships across the hospice and national teams
In return we offer the following Benefits:
* 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays * Option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday *Salary sacrifice car scheme * Private pension matched at either 3% or 5% * Auto enrolment pension scheme * Refer a friend bonus scheme *Free eye tests * Carers leave policy * Long service awards * Free 24 hour employee assistance line for advice on work and personal matters * PeoplePerks discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of £350 * Staff discount of 15% on new goods at shop.sueryder.org * Travel ticket loan * Childcare Vouchers * Cycle to work scheme * Development opportunities for all * Free tea and coffee *
Monday 18th June 2018