Trust and Corporate Fundraiser
Trust and Corporate Fundraiser
Circa £30,000 to £40,000 per annum
Stevenage, Hertfordshire (with regular travel to our London office)
The IET is seeking a Trust and Corporate Fundraiser!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small but high profile team growing income from trusts, foundations and companies to enhance educational opportunities in engineering for children and young people. There is also scope for the right candidate to contribute to major donor, individual and legacy fundraising.
Ideally you will have experience of securing donations from trusts and foundations and/or major donors. However, experience in roles that involve business development, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and project management would be highly advantageous. Experience in developing programmes of activity or business to meet targets and nurture effective relationships is key.
The successful candidate will be an excellent researcher with the ability to assimilate information from across the organisation and translate it to a range of stakeholders. You will be a confident presenter with the ability to create engaging and readable content. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- Research and manage a pipeline of opportunities of suitable trusts, foundations and companies
- Write and submit high quality, tailored funding applications within funders’ deadlines.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of relevant trusts, foundations and corporate communications.
- Follow up approaches and check on progress to ensure outcomes can be monitored
- Work closely and effectively with delivery teams to gather and collate project information to enhance funding applications and reports
- Prepare budgets to support fundraising applications.
- Ensure timely acknowledgement of all donations and grants and to meet donors reporting requirements.
- Submit relevant monitoring and evaluation reports required by funders, ensuring high standards are consistently met.
- Contribute to the effective and excellent stewardship of donors, including at events
- Nurture good relationships with prospects and donors.
- Report regularly and be accountable to senior stakeholders
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure that all trust pledges and ongoing annual grants are received.
- A willingness to travel on occasion.
- Experience of fundraising.
- Previous experience of working in a charity environment, or similar, with associated financial targets, preferably within the context of securing donations from Trusts and Foundations and/or major donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills as well as the ability to influence and motivate supporters’ at the most senior level is a must.
- Excellent computer skills including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- An understanding and ability to talk to prospects and donors on the phone and face to face at every possible opportunity to maximise the likelihood of success
- A confident communicator, with knowledge of the latest major donor fundraising and trust strategies and techniques
- A Basic Disclosure check which will be conducted at the start of employment and then every two years.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
- A polite and professional manner
- A team player with an approachable and cooperative attitude
- Integrity – honest and ethical approach essential
- Resilient – able to deal calmly and effectively with unforeseen problems
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback in a measured and positive manner
Desirable skills or experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working with a multi-faceted or membership organisation
- Awareness of developments in the engineering, energy, transport, manufacturing, ICT, or education sectors
- Experience of budget management