5 days left
- Contract Type
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM ENTIRELY IN ORDER TO SUCCESSFULLY APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Our client is the largest community funder in the UK. Last year they distributed more than £700 million to over 13,000 projects. They believe strong, vibrant communities are built and renewed by the people living in them. Communities come in all shapes and sizes, and our client is there for everyone.
They focus on supporting charities, community groups and people with great ideas, local or national, large or small, which will create opportunities for people to improve their lives. They aim to work with people flexibly and on their terms, improving the ways they engage with communities and building new partnerships with other funders, charities and individuals.
They are looking for an experienced Research Manager to join them for a 6 month contract, to support them in an important and exciting time of change. The Fund’s commitment to user-led, customer-centric approaches puts customer research and insight at the heart of their work. They are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, providing expertise to internal colleagues, supporting one of their key research contracts (Customer Satisfaction), and helping to develop future studies that will put the customer voice at the heart of decision making.
They are looking for someone who can…
Support the delivery of the Fund’s key research contract – their Customer Satisfaction Survey:
• Be the key point of contact to supplier agency
• Engage with internal colleagues to understand their needs from the survey
• Manage questionnaire revisions
• Manage dissemination of results – including quality assurance of analysis and reports
• Respond to ad-hoc data requests
• Respond to customer queries about the study
Provide research support to colleagues across the Fund including:
• Help to determine the best approach/method/design to a research project)
• Advice on sampling and how to access sample
• Support with procuring appropriate suppliers
• Support with management of/delivery from suppliers
• Support designing materials (drafting surveys, topic guides)
• Testing /piloting materials
• Reviewing outputs
Support the team to develop a new Customer Experience study, involving:
• Identification of Fund-wide needs/ aims/ research questions
• Discreet development projects e.g. constructing and testing metrics, customer profiling
• Piloting new options to develop recommendations
• Planning and managing procurement process
Essential skills and experience:
• Demonstrable foundational knowledge of research methods, gained via appropriate qualifications in research methods (relevant degree or vocational training from e.g. the Market Research Society)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience applying research skills in a client-side or agency-side position
• Experience of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Good numerical and written skills
• Good attention to detail
• Consultative approach – builds positive relationships with colleagues
• Experience analysing and displaying data (charts, tables, infographics)
Desirable skills and experience
• SPSS or advanced excel skills
How to Apply
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Role Title: Research Manager
Closing date: 17 June 2018 23:59
Starting salary: £30,000 to £35,000 pa pro rata (London £33,963 - £35,000 pa pro rata)
Type of employment: Full time, FTC
Fixed term end date: 6 months fixed term contract
Hours per week: 37 hours per week
Location: Preferably Birmingham, but role can be based in London,
Cardiff or Glasgow for the right candidate.
Interviews will be held 27 June 2018 at their Birmingham office.
The Fund is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
They are committed to increasing employment opportunities for people with disabilities and will respond positively to meet individual needs throughout the recruitment process. Once in post, the Fund will ensure that any appropriate reasonable adjustments to their workplace are made, in order to support colleagues with any form of disability.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Apply for Research Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly