Head of Communications
Mountbarrow House, Victoria, London SW1W 9RB
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum, commensurate with experience
Cobseo, The Confederation of Service Charities is a membership organisation representing, promoting and furthering the interests of the Armed Forces Community, maximizing the charitable support to this Community by encouraging and facilitating co-operation and collaboration of organisations working in the Service Charity sector. A Head of Communications is required to support the small Cobseo Executive Team in London. The post is full time.
Central to the role will be: a ‘can-do’ attitude with a creative approach to problem-solving, an ability to develop close working relationships with peers and stakeholders from within the Confederation, and an instinct for taking every opportunity to develop partnership working.
The core responsibilities of the post are to:
- develop Cobseo’s communication strategy;
- lead Cobseo’s proactive and reactive media work;
- manage Cobseo’s media response in a crisis, supporting smaller members where appropriate;
- manage and develop Cobseo’s external media channels including its website and social media;
- edit and develop Cobseo’s internal media channels including a weekly newsletter and jobs bulletin;
- lead the development of a collaborative approach amongst the smaller members of the Confederation;
- support cross sector campaigning and act as a facilitator to develop relationships between members, government and other relevant organisations;
- manage the communications budget.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.
- Closing date for applications – 7th June
- First round of interviews – 13th or 14th June 2018
- Second round of interviews – 19th or 20th June
Cobseo will only use the personal information provided in order to process the application in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Applicants called for interview will be requested to bring their current valid passport with them in order that the right of an individual to reside and work in the UK can be verified prior to any offer of employment being made.
Cobseo will only use the personal information provided in order to process the application in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. It will not be shared with any other organisation. References will only be requested from nominees provided by the candidate. All personal data and accompanying notes, paper and electronic, will be retained securely within Cobseo for seven months from the date of interview.
Cobseo is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment; the objective is to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities.