Marketing and Communications Officer
The Marketing and Communications officer has a key role to play in planning and delivering projects and initiatives to key stakeholders such as supporters, volunteers, health care professionals and the public.
The post holder will support the consistent use of the charity’s branding across various channels, including the website, print and online marketing materials. They will support communications and marketing campaigns, while progressively improving organisational understanding of what works for different audiences.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Manager to support and develop specific public facing awareness campaigns in line with the organisation’s strategic aims and plans.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent language and messages are used across the organisation and externally.
- Contribute to the development of long-term communication planning by identifying new opportunities and trends in traditional and digital media.
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects across the charity.
- Liaise with volunteers, staff, stakeholders, and third party providers, ensuring good communication through the projects and building good relationships.
- To attend and assist at any meetings or events as may reasonably be required by the Communications Manager.
- Support the Communications Manager with administrative tasks as necessary, including preparation for events, and booking meetings, workshops and training.
- Oversee the development and production of marketing communications for the Charity (e.g. posters, leaflets, merchandise, emails, infographics, videos etc.), liaising with design and print.
- Ensure all creative work is appropriately briefed, tendered (where relevant) and to budget.
- Support on development of charity publications such as the Annual and Impact reports.
- Manage and develop our photography library, to ensure it is easy to use and navigate.
- Identify and organise opportunities to increase the variety of photography on offer.
- Ensure marketing communications produced across the charity are consistent and within brand guidelines. This includes visual identity, tone of voice and house style.
- Support with ongoing development of the brand.
- Act as a brand champion for the organisation.