Senior Philanthropy Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and self-motivated Senior Philanthropy Manager, to join our thriving Partnerships and Philanthropy Team helping our mission to reach more children, working towards our departmental aim of raising £250m by 2020.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Fundraising, Brand & Marketing department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
The Senior Philanthropy Manager will:
- Source investment from major donors (primarily 6 and 7 figure gifts) initiating and developing meaningful, long term relationships with prospective major donor supporters of Save the Children
- Significantly contribute to the Partnerships & Philanthropy Team’s ambitious targets; supporting the creation of a sector leading department
- Exercise influence to drive greater impact across the team and wider organisation, helping further our mission for children
- Work with senior volunteers, consult and work with senior stakeholders and the Chief Executive’s office
The role will also involve line management and the development of team members, playing a key role in supporting the success of others in developing long standing major donor relationships.
To be successful you will have extensive experience of working within an account management or fundraising environment. You will also have excellent communication skills both face-to-face and on the phone. In addition, you will have:
- Strong inter-personal, influencing and relationship building skills with the ability to work with senior stakeholders, across teams and build strong internal and external networks
- Excellent written skills, knowledge of proposal development, and the creation of compelling communications for donors
- The ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines; with experience of working in dynamic, exciting and fast paced environment.
- An understanding of Supporter Databases with excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience of line management is desirable
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 6th June 2018
More searches like this
- Fundraising Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Management Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- PR & Communications Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Fundraising Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Major Donor/ Gifts Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)