Celebrity and PR Manager
This is an international health charity looking to support those within the UK and Worldwide.
- Develop a short and long-term celebrity acquisition strategy.
- To support PR fundraising initiatives by identifying and approaching appropriate celebrities for their growing portfolio of events and campaigns including hosting major events.
- Liaising with celebrities, their agents, managers, PAs and networks.
- Develop an engaging and ongoing programme of visits and interaction from appropriate celebrities.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with current celebrity supporters, in order to retain and maximise their support for priority PR, public affairs, marketing, digital and fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders within the charity to maintain and develop a celebrity acquisition programme.
- Supporting the communications teams with media opportunities by ensuring celebrity involvement in campaigning and fundraising events.
- Regular contact with celebrity supporters to ensure the y are kept up to date with the Charity's work, events, and the difference that their support makes.
- Keep up to date with current trends, news, and celebrity activity which may prove beneficial to or have an effect on the Charity and their work.
- Working closely with and maintaining positive working relationships with colleagues and teams across the organisation.
- Proven track record in proactive high-profile celebrity recruitment, engagement and relationship management.
- Proven experience of developing a celebrity strategy.
- The ability to positively promote the work of the Charity to celebrities, their agents/managers/publicists etc through excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor to individual needs.
- A strong understanding of PR and press landscape and experience with acquiring positive celebrity media coverage.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver high quality work.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and contacts in a changing environment and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with colleagues from different teams.
- Flexible and pro-active approach, taking the initiative in new ways of working.
- Experience of monitoring and managing effective social media interactions.
Exciting and fulfilling role within an international charity.