Are you looking for a new challenge? Have you got a flair for fundraising? For over 60 years, we’ve been pioneering and innovating, working alongside communities big and small, creating partnerships, and training local people to translate the Bible.
1.5 billion people are still waiting
Today Wycliffe Bible Translators is engaged with 326 minority language groups around the world, but globally 1.5 billion people are still waiting for the Bible in a language they understand well. As part of Wycliffe’s response to this need, we’re growing our Supporter Engagement Department.
As Fundraising Manager, you’ll lead a small team seeking to raise funds to support projects around the world and Wycliffe’s UK-based departments. The manager will develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure income from trusts and foundations, churches, individuals (non-major) and the corporate sector in order to meet agreed targets. You’ll be involved in strategic planning and overseeing the operations of the team, while remaining rooted to the core fundraising activities.
Reports to: Director for Supporter Engagement
- Marketing Coordinator
- Events and Team Administrator
- Trust Liaison Officer
Location: The Clare Charity Centre, Saunderton, High Wycombe. In the autumn of 2018 the office will be relocating to central High Wycombe.
We would consider applications from people who prefer to work from other UK locations.
The Fundraising Manager will:
- develop, manage and review the current fundraising strategy
- oversee cultivation, stewardship, campaign planning and budget management
- actively cultivate and secure sponsorship, grant and individual giving in line with agreed targets
- lead and manage a small Fundraising Team, ensuring their ongoing professional development and engagement with Board objectives
- explore opportunities to develop Wycliffe’s fundraising approach; incorporating digital development where appropriate
- develop and oversee the submission of applications to charitable trusts and foundations in support of Wycliffe’s activities
- ensure that the team engage in regular reviews of the donor base to cultivate and steward prospects and donors to deliver continued growth in individual giving
- develop the CRM system (Salesforce) to track potential fundraising opportunities and build relationships
- oversee the events programme to offer quality, insightful opportunities for donors and partners to engage with our work
- maintain knowledge of current fundraising trends, issues and opportunities
- develop and expand all potential fundraising opportunities
- prepare reports for senior management and stakeholders, including funders, as required
- establish effective systems to record, monitor and evaluate all of the department’s activities and income
- act as an ambassador and advocate for the work of the organisation
- engage staff across the organisation to embed the case for support and secure active involvement in fundraising activities
- carry out other duties commensurate with the activities of the Fundraising team.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a fundraising role, with a strong track record in at least one discipline – preferably trusts, churches or legacy giving.
- An understanding of the importance and use of effective fundraising tools to achieve the ambitious fundraising targets set for the team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent administrative skills, with attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter and leader with initiative, confidence and drive.
- Exceptional skills at building and managing relationships, including the ability to influence and persuade a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Sound understanding of fundraising techniques, including prospect research, network mapping, cultivation, stewardship and income forecasting.
- Clear, friendly telephone manner.
- IT literate, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- High degree of personal organisation and self-management, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to visit projects overseas when needed.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of databases.
- Experience with client-based databases, ideally Salesforce.
- Passionate about Wycliffe’s aims, and personally committed to cross-cultural mission.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a small team.
- Ability to take appropriate initiative.
- Trustworthy and honest.
- Self-starter, ability to use own initiative and work independently, but also as part of a diverse team.
- Copywriting skills in particular for supporter fundraising assets.
- Able to develop good working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent IT skills.
This role requires the postholder to reflect Wycliffe’s ethos and values through their work to Christians and Churches across the UK. It is therefore an Occupational Requirement that the post holder be a committed Christian who assents to Wycliffe’s Statement of Faith.
Applicants must be able to prove that they have the legal right to work in the UK.
We are proud of our flexible working record and creatively consider all requests wherever possible, supporting where the request is role-appropriate.
This position is full-time (37.5 hours per week). The office is open from 8am to 6pm and core business hours, when you are normally expected to be present, are from 9:30am to 4pm. You are entitled to a one-hour lunch break.
Full time employees are entitled to 33 days’ annual leave, to include public holidays and the office closure between Christmas and New Year.
£35,000-£40,000 per annum.
Competitive pension plan and life assurance cover.
Term of Appointment
This is a permanent post with a probationary period of six months.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Education Full Time jobs in Princes Risborough
- Management Education Full Time jobs in Princes Risborough
- Events Fundraising Education Full Time jobs in Princes Risborough
- Legacies Fundraising Education Full Time jobs in Princes Risborough
- Statutory Fundraising Education Full Time jobs in Princes Risborough