Media and Communications Adviser - AHA
Media and Communications Adviser, AHA
Salary Band: Grade 4, £30,188 - £36,226 per annum
For this role appointments are usually made between £32,000 - £34,000 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
Full Time, FTC until December 2019
The Alcohol Health Alliance is looking for a proactive communications professional to drive its media work and cement its position as the leading national voice on alcohol and health. Based at the prestigious Royal College of Physicians, this is a rare opportunity to work with high-profile partners and internationally-renowned experts to influence public health policy at the highest level.
- You’ll drive our media work and position yourself as journalists’ first point of contact for alcohol-related stories
- You’ll find creative new ways to make our messages heard, drafting press releases, web copy, briefings and articles
- You’ll develop and deliver a communications strategy that positions the AHA as leading national voice on alcohol and health
- You’ll work with the AHA’s policy and advocacy team (based at the Institute of Alcohol Studies) and the AHA’s 50 members to influence alcohol-related policy at the highest level
- You’ll manage the day-to-day operation of the AHA.
- You have a passion for health and public health
- You are an excellent communicator, used to developing creative and impactful copy
- You develop strong professional relationships and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues from a range of backgrounds
- You are proactive and organised, with a good eye for detail
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
The role will be based at the Royal College of Physicians, which hosts the Alcohol Health Alliance UK. The AHA is a partnership of 50 organisations, who work together to promote evidence-based policies to reduce the damage caused by alcohol misuse. Members of the AHA include charities, medical royal colleges, alcohol health campaigners and patient representatives.
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays
- Free lunch
- Learning and development opportunities
- For more information about the role and our benefits, please view the job description and person specification.
Closing date: Sunday 3 June 2018
Interview date: Monday 11 June 2018To apply for this role please submit your CV and Supporting Statement outlining how your skills and experience match the job description and person specification. Please note, CVs sent in isolation will not be considered.