Witness Service Coordinator
Citizens Advice provides free, independent and impartial advice and information to help people resolve their legal, money and other problems. In the past year we have helped over 2.5 million people solve over 6.2 million problems. Our national network delivers services from over 3,000 locations in England and Wales. In 2015 we won Charity Times Charity of the Year for our work. Now we want to do even more.
Witness Service Coordinator
£24,171 gross per annum plus London Allowance of £3,520 per annum
36 hours 15 minutes per week
Job Ref - 18\089
Citizens Advice won a grant from the Ministry of Justice to run the Witness Service from April 2015. The Witness Service has nearly 300 staff and 3000 volunteers and offers free, independent, impartial and confidential support and information to 15,000 witnesses each month to give evidence in every criminal court in England and Wales.
We are looking for looking for someone with an understanding of the voluntary sector and experience in line management, financial administration and service coordination to join our team.
As a valued member of the team, you will;
- line manage the volunteer expenses team and ensure the efficient processing and authorisation of expense claims in a timely manner
- lead a piece of work looking at delivering efficiencies and provide support with financial reporting
- provide support to senior Witness Service staff members
- act as a national point of contact for regional staff and external stakeholders, responding to queries quickly and effectively
- act as national point of contact for several of Witness Service contracts, attending regular supplier meetings
- suggest improvements to existing processes to support the delivery of best practice across the Witness Service
You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be computer literate. The ability to build good working relationships is pivotal to this role as you’ll be liaising with multiple managers across dispersed locations and a point of escalation for queries from the volunteer expenses team. You must have good organisational skills, with an excellent eye for detail and be a real team player. Proactivity will be key when providing support to senior managers and supporting project work.
Citizens Advice values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, as they are currently under represented in our workforce.
Closing Date: Wednesday 06 June 2018
Shortlisting: w/c Monday 11 June 2018
Interview Date: 21 (pm) & 22 (am) June 2018
For more information and to apply, please click the Apply button.
More searches like this
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Administration Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Finance & Legal Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)