Hours: 37.5 hours per week (flexible)
Location: Flexible with a minimum of two days per week in London
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (including London weighting)
Our client is an international children’s charity working towards a day where every child can grow up in a loving family. Through partnership working with national governments, civil society organisations, international agencies, corporate donors and committed individuals, the organisation is helping to build a global movement that aims to eradicate orphanages in our lifetime.
As Philanthropy Manager, your key responsibilities will be to manage a portfolio of existing and prospective Major Donors, with particular responsibility for maximising income and engagement from their existing supporters, working closely with key influences, and contributing to identifying new opportunities and to driving the overall major gifts pipeline. To be successful in this role you will excel at relationship building and have a genuine passion for the cause.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of two years’ experience of successfully managing donor relationships gained either in the charity or other sectors
- Experience of making face to face asks and securing gifts at the level of £10,000 and above
- Experience of tailoring project proposals, donor and prospect engagement opportunities and stewardship plans
- Experience of working collaboratively with internal and external contacts to drive maximum prospect and donor engagement
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills including the ability and confidence to network, persuade and negotiate effectively
- The ability to devise creative solutions to strengthen or develop relationships with existing and prospective major donors
You will be a self-starter with great attention to detail and someone who gets the job done. A well-organised, instinctive team player, you will feel totally at home with the charity’s culture which is solution-oriented, agile, innovative, highly supportive and fun. Occasionally, you will be willing to work out of office hours, to travel within the UK and internationally accompanying major partners.
To apply for this exciting role please email your CV and a Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment email@example.com quoting our reference JO1532.
Closing date for applications: ASAP
1st interview date: 7th June 2018