Senior Database Officer
Senior Database Officer
Our client’s mission is to improve the welfare of working animals in the world’s poorest communities. They do this through treatment, training and teaching. They TREAT by providing free veterinary care when animals suffer or when emergencies strike. They TRAIN by building expertise among vets and promoting humane care by animal owners. They TEACH children to develop positive beliefs, respect and compassion towards animals.
Position: Senior Database Officer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Standard hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9.00am-4.30pm Fridays, although these may be varied in line with our client’s staggered hours policy.
Salary: circa £33,000 per annum
Benefits: Full benefits package, including 22 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays, 10% employer contributory pension to personal pension plan matched by 5% employee contribution; Private (non-contributory) healthcare scheme and many more.
Application deadline:1st June 2018
About the role:
The Senior Database Officer is responsible for ensuring the supporter database fully supports fundraising teams leading to maximised income. You will lead on ensuring supporter data is correctly, efficiently and legally stored on the database, run data selections and help provide reports and analytics to the fundraising team.
- Support the Database Manager to produce accurate and GDPR compliant data selections from a complex database
- Manage the data flow for each appeal, ensuring all constituents are assigned the correct package and that all coding has been recorded in accordance with their appeal procedures
- Ensure income is processed and reconciled accurately and within agreed time frames, ensuring any discrepancies are resolved
- Support the Database Manager in producing reports, KPI’s and analytics for the fundraising team
- Maintain helpdesk inbox, ensure internal stakeholders queries are responded to within SLA of 48 hours
- Liaise with the various fundraising teams to ensure agencies are briefed accurately on data capture and export routines
- Assist other members of staff in the Fundraising, Finance and Communication team with their daily database queries
- Identify potential weaknesses in the database and work with the Database Manager to create and implement new systems and processes to improve the database
- Deputise for Database Manager in times of absence or at times of peak demand for services
- Responsible for delivering RE training to internal stakeholders
- Responsible for database housekeeping
- Create and maintain a library of consistent procedures for using the database
- Generate e-newsletter lists, adding new subscribers and marking unsubscribes on Raiser’s Edge
- Provide cover for key database tasks where colleagues are absent from work or at times of peak demand for services
- Perform other ad hoc duties as requested by the Database Manager
- Answer the telephone, especially during busy periods ensuring supporters receive a polite and friendly service
- Experience of Raiser’s Edge (including imports, exports, queries) and database administration ideally within a fundraising environment.
- Previous experience of dealing with external agencies such as mailing houses and data management companies and data cleaning and quality enhancement
- Working knowledge of Import-o-Matic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of GDPR, data protection, charity law and fundraising regulations and best practice
- Willingness to work flexible hours as and when needed
- Project management skills would be advantageous
- Gift Aid experience is desired
You may have experience of the following: Senior Database Officer, Data Analyst, CRM, Salesforce Administrator, DBA, Senior Database Support, MS Access, MS Excel, System Analyst, Data Warehousing, Marketing Administrator, Raisers Edge, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Senior Database Administrator, Direct Marketing, Data Integrity, Insight Analyst etc
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.