Community Co-ordinator (Counter-Extremism)
Interested applicants are warmly invited to a workshop to find out more about this vacancy.
These workshops will be facilitated by Ali Amla (Cohesion & Integration Manager) to introduce the national counter extremism strategy and offer guidance on the application process.
To book your free place on this event please visit:
Monday 21st May 2:00pm - 4:00pm (Dewsbury): https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/counter-extremism-recruitment-workshop-dewsbury-tickets-45678396313
Thursday 24th May 10am – 12:00pm (Huddersfield): https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/counter-extremism-recruitment-workshop-huddersfield-tickets-45680689171
This job is subject to Security Check Level Clearance. This does not need to be in place and will be arranged for the successful candidate.
Kirklees Council’s Safe & Cohesive Communities Service is looking to recruit a Community Co-ordinator for a fixed term contract to deliver the Government's Counter Extremism Strategy. This new role will enhance our work to improve community cohesion and tackle extremism.
Extremism is one of the greatest challenges the country faces and Local Authorities have a core role to play in building more resilient communities and tackling the harms extremists cause. The post, which is Home Office funded, will support national work to build partnerships with local communities and groups, a key part of the Counter-Extremism Strategy (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/counter-extremism-strategy).
You will lead on the Kirklees response to the national Counter-Extremism Strategy, working closely with a wide range of other Council service and partners. In this high profile job you will lead on identifying mainstream voices and providing support to groups countering extremism in all its forms.
You will share knowledge and insights with Kirklees Council, its partners and national Government, supporting specific national research projects, ensuring that analysis and insight is used to shape local strategy and interventions related to counter extremism.
Requirements for this job:
- A detailed understanding of what constitutes both violent and non-violent extremism and how they can manifest in local communities, and the range of interventions that can create more cohesive communities, with a sound understanding of the Government’s Counter-Extremism Strategy
- Knowledge of the key drivers and influencing factors that can lead contribute to extremism and a lack of cohesion within communities.
- An understanding of the current issues which are increasing the risk of extremism within communities.
- An understanding of the “A Building Stronger Britain Together” funding, being able to communicate the strategic objectives to the third sector.
- Experience of bid writing.
- Developing good relations with a wide range of communities, and promoting dialogue with hard to reach communities, including young people, women, leaders, activists, practitioners.
- Ability to manage complex budgets ensuring compliance with Council and Home Office policy and procedures whilst planning and budgeting proactively.
- Ability to sell ideas and concepts with the ability to articulate a shared vision across a range of stakeholders.
You should be prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel for business purposes as well as undergo enhanced security checks.
To apply for this job please visit: https://jobs.kirklees.gov.uk/working-with-communities-corporate-services-community-co-ordinator-counter-extremism/21716.job