Head of Digital
My client is a very established Not For Profit and Charities brand who operates through three main verticals: Charity, Education & Private healthcare. One of leading names in its field, this organisation uses cutting edge technology and research to better the life's of those who they seek out to support.
The purpose of this role is to manage the digital offerings across this organisation and to move the brand forwards.
The Key responsibilities for This Head of Digital role based in West London are working across all channels and breaks down as follows:
- Lead the digital team to manage the content and delivery of the websites.
- Specify and manage, via a third-party agency, the technical infrastructure (servers, CMS, etc)
- Use your knowledge and understanding of data integration, e-commerce platforms, payment systems and how these are integrated with web services to optimise and enhance the website portfolio.
- Leading, managing and developing a team that creates, edits, proofreads and publishes digital content across a range of websites.
- Develop and apply a digital content strategy across entire digital presence. This involves understanding audiences (patients, supporters, staff and healthcare professionals) and their needs.
- Create and implement a PPC strategy, using adwords and best practise to drive traffic to our sites.
- Advise on the strategic approach to social media for all business areas and managing the Social Media Manager to deliver content on social channels.
- Ensuring there is co-ordination of social media messages with website content and other channels such as email marketing.
- In partnership with the Head of Marketing, agreeing the digital strategy that underpins all marketing campaigns ensuring that digital is embedded at the beginning of the briefing process and is part of the creative brief as appropriate.
- Manage the Digital Managers to create integrated campaigns ensuring cross department cohesion and shared objectives and measurement.
- Working with the Digital Managers, ensure appropriate analytics are embedded to measure campaign effectiveness, user journeys and overall performance of the websites.
- Provide guidance on analysing and interpreting data from Google Analytics and other sources, communicating results to the wider team.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Charity Email Marketing Manager to ensure that the Charity email programme is closely aligned to specific fundraising and stewardship objectives and ensure email data is shared effectively and efficiently with the data team.
- Work closely with the Charity Database and Fundraising Support Team to ensure integration of data across CRM and other internal systems
The Successful Head of Digital will have have previous experience managing digital in multiple sectors: Non profit, Commercial, Education etc. This will be based in West London and may require some travel between sites, experience in the following will be necessary:
- Digital strategy development and implementation
- Successfully managing an organisation's overall digital presence across multiple platforms and for a variety of audiences
- Successfully managing and developing information-rich websites
- Experience of using digital channels for customer or supporter acquisition and engagement
- Successfully managing digital projects and campaigns within an integrated communications team
- Stakeholder management and communications
- Recruiting, managing and developing a team of permanent staff
- Budget and schedule management
- Managing third-party supplier relationships
- Experience of working in a large, high-profile, complex healthcare/commercial organisation and Charity
This is a permanent role for a Head of Digital paying circa £60,000 P/A & a marketing leading benefits package. Not For Profit and Charities sector experience preferred.