Senior Programmes Manager
3 days left
- Business Development & Commercial
Impact Hub King’s Cross is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Senior Programmes Manager to join our core team, following a series of successful years. Impact Hub King’s Cross has identified growing our business support and programming as a key strategic priority and this role, therefore, is key to our ability to deliver high quality support to a growing number of social entrepreneurs.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the ability to manage and deliver programmes and who wishes to build upon her/his existing experience as a programme manager and business advisor within the social enterprise sector. The
Senior Programmes Manager will be responsible for running a portfolio of programmes, including project management, line management, delivery of workshops and giving advice to entrepreneurs, identifying and procuring other providers and reporting/evaluation activities.
The successful candidate will report to the Programmes Director, line manage a small team of Programmes Assistants, as well as working with the Operations and Community teams to add value to the Impact Hub King’s Cross members’ experience.
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours/week), which is likely to require some evening and weekend work (time off in lieu will be offered). We are open to flexible working arrangements, including working from home part of the time, or job share arrangements for the right candidates.
The contract is for 18 months, renewable with a 3 month probation period. Salary: £35-38,000 per annum depending on experience, plus pension and company profit-share scheme.
Senior Programmes Manager will be responsible for:
Ensuring high standards of design and delivery in our business support offerings and leading the delivery of a portfolio of programmes for entrepreneurs, including:
- project management and tracking
- designing new programmes or revising and improving existing programmes as a result of experience
- publicity, promotion and communications around programmes including the recruitment of participants and the publicity of successful programmes
- organising events and workshop, sub-contracting other providers or delivering directly
- undertaking enterprise diagnostics and business advice for programme participants and Impact Hub King’s Cross members, identifying and matching paid and volunteer mentors with social enterprises and tracking the relationships, managing stakeholder/funder relationships including reporting and evaluation
- line managing a team of Programme Assistants
- managing budgets for their programme portfolio
- contributing to planning and partnership building activity to develop new programmes, workshops, events and other services at Impact Hub King’s Cross, particularly those around starting up or growing social enterprises.
Person Specification Essential Experience:
- managing a range of programmes and business support interventions in a social enterprise environment
- providing high quality advice and connections to start-up and scale-up enterprises diagnosing and advising on both strategic and practical improvements to business growth
- organising, facilitating and delivering workshops and large scale events on a range of business topics to inform or inspire social innovators to take action
- working successfully in partnership with multiple stakeholders including funders and delivery partners
- design / co-design and develop new programmes and services suitable for social entrepreneurs
- getting the best out of others, such as direct reports, team members and partners/subcontractors
- contract management, evaluation and reporting, particularly for an advice, mentoring or business support programme with an eye for detail, often to tight timescales
- publicising programmes and recruiting participants via web-based, social media, publications, public speaking and referral methods.
- communicating in writing in a range of formats including the ability to summarise key information in simple language
- developing and maintaining contacts and connections in the social sector
- knowledge of and enthusiasm for the social economy and values driven business The
- managing a team and getting the best out of others
- specialist knowledge of a particular sector, such as tech, education or health
- having run your own business / start-up
- writing and delivering business plans
- contacts within social enterprise sector organisations and awareness of opportunities for social enterprises in London
- are able to demonstrate leadership and skill in working in multi-cultural environments, including with corporate partners, tech start-ups, community businesses and new entrepreneurs who need high levels of support
- are a confident elf-starters with a can-do attitude who will thrive in a small team with an entrepreneurial feel
- have a values-driven approach to your work and an enthusiasm for socially-driven enterprises
- are a confident multi-tasker, able to prioritise a complex workload and thrive in an environment characterised by change
- demonstrate attention to detail, persistence and patience
- are motivated by reliably delivering high quality outputs, often to tight deadlines
- are a fast-learner, keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the business
- are a natural team player with a deep commitment to collaboration and serving the greater good
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you are perfect for the role, and how you meet the person specification to: firstname.lastname@example.org or attach your CV below and click apply.
Please use the subject heading: Senior Programmes Manager
Deadline for application: 8.30am Thursday 24th May 2018 Interviews will take place: w/c 4th June
Start date: as soon as possible after interview Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to shortlisted applicants.
Apply for Senior Programmes Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly