Manager, Product Councils, EMEA
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Product Councils, EMEA
DEPARTMENT: ULI Europe
REGION: United Kingdom
LOCATION: London, England
REPORTS TO: Director, Business Development & Member Networks
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
DATE OF REVISION: April 2018
The Product Councils Manager is responsible for management of all European product councils, focused on membership, the organisation of the Product Council Day activities, logistics, and agendas; and interacting with council membership. The Product Councils Manager will also be responsible for developing the product council offering in Europe.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of the European product councils.
- Is responsible for the overall timely organisation of the two Product Council Days (see below for specifics).
- Ensures that product councils operate within the parameters of ULI’s by-laws.
- Assists council leadership on the proper membership composition of their councils to ensure member commitment, industry balance, and inclusivity initiatives.
- Oversees budget related to the twice-yearly meetings.
- Ensures that council members are invoiced for their annual membership, and follows up on collection of debt.
- Manages the council member email list.
- Processes appointments to, and drops from councils, in coordination with council chairs.
- Identifies programmes of work within the councils and how this fits with other programmes at ULI.
- Ensures that member information is recorded and tracked properly in membership database. Takes notes and distributes minutes for conference calls and meetings.
- Takes on special projects as needed.
- Works with senior European leadership in the creation of new councils.
Product Council Meetings (Winter and Summer):
- Assists council leadership with the creation of their respective meeting programmes, including site tours as required.
- Manages email campaign on behalf of the councils. Manages the guest list for Council Day.
- Manages the flow of information regarding council agendas and the creation of the speaker database.
- Corresponds with speakers and ensures the transmission of speaker lists to customer service. Manages submission and integrity of Council Day agendas and communicates with leadership regarding the same.
- Posts updated agendas to the conference microsite as meeting approaches. Prepares council shipment to host city, if required.
- Assists with Council Day logistics.
- Ensures that note-taking by ULI at the meetings is correctly coordinated.
- Provides Content staff members with notes from the meetings, and works with them on distribution of Infoburst.
- Completes key projects successfully.
- Highly motivated professional who thrives in a team environment; multi-tasking orientated; self-motivated; and takes pride in his/her accomplishments.
- Three to five years of related experience preferred. Strong membership database skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Strong member relations skills.
- Confident and professional manner and appearance.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities, while remaining flexible, proactive, and highly professional.
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting duties and responsibilities. Must be able to prioritize work and be able to manage several projects at once.
- Confidence and ability to communicate with senior industry leaders. Ability to respect confidentiality and sensitive information.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and internet research. Familiarity with Sales Force or NetForum desirable.
- Personal attributes of intelligence, confidence, empathy, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivation, composure under pressure, cultural adaptability, and an open-minded, international perspective.
- Fluency in a major European language other than English is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" below. Please submit a résumé and a letter of interest.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.