Harris Hill are recruiting a Development Manager on behalf of a a London based marine conservation charity. This organisation work around the world working with coastal communities on projects that aim to rebuild fisheries and improve education to positively impact the local environment.
This role is responsible for income generation from grant giving trusts and foundations to support their growing portfolio of conservation projects. This role can be based in either London or Bristol.
- Writing and editing high quality narrative content to document the organisations projects, priorities and impact powerfully and succinctly
- Maintaining close interaction with conservation team colleagues to translate programme priorities into clear funding proposals
- Working with Head of Development and Finance Team to map fundraising needs across country programmes
- Engaging new potential funding partners through sensitive and pro-activenetworking and exchange
Experience and skills
- Previous experience in environmental conservation, international development,
public policy, journalism or related field
- Strong understanding of environmental conservation, fisheries management, and/or rural development issues and practice
- Excellent relationship building skills and proven ability to communicate with the highest degree of professionalism
- Experience working with and reporting to a range of donors including trusts, foundations, institutions, agencies and corporations.