We are UnLtd, the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK and offer the largest such network in the world. Our mission is to find social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today’s challenges. Through funding and support, we help them to realise their potential and create lasting change.
We support a range of social entrepreneurs – from start-ups to those with more established social ventures with the opportunity to scale their impact. We operate a unique model by investing directly in individuals who have their social ventures firmly rooted in delivering positive social change. We offer them a complete package of resources; from awards of funding to ongoing advice, networking and practical support.
UnLtd’s vision is a future where enterprising people are transforming our world for good. To enable this, we are committed to developing an eco-system of support to make it easier for those who need help to find it.
Part-Time, 24.5 hours (3.5 days), Permanent, Immediate Start
£30,062 - £35,367 + £3,285 London Weighting if applicable, plus pension
Field based in North Yorkshire – Assigned to the Bradford Hub
As an Award Manager, you will be responsible for working with a range of social entrepreneurs at different stages of their journey. Following a diagnostic process, Award Managers are responsible for the delivery of a package of support that provides the social entrepreneur with the best chance of developing a high impact venture. Award Managers manage a mixed portfolio and the key focus of this post will be to lead on our place-based programmes which we call the ‘Resilient Communities and Enterprising Communities’ programmes. The post-holder will be required build on our on-going work in the Barkerend Road and Little Germany areas of Bradford, Barrowcliffe Big Local area in Scarborough and Tang Hall in York.
We’re looking for various skills, experience and competencies as outlined below:
- Deploying thoughtful outreach strategies, proactively seeking out the social entrepreneurs with the highest potential to create impact
- Providing strong support so that social entrepreneurs can thrive
- Fostering a culture of learning and openness to innovation for self, awardees, the organisation and other stakeholders
- Actively developing and managing stakeholder relationships at all levels to grow the profile of social entrepreneurship
- Build partnerships with a range of multi-disciplinary contacts and organisations that share UnLtd’s mission to extend the opportunities available for social entrepreneurs. Actively engage in UnLtd’s wider community of social entrepreneurs and supporters in the UK and beyond
- Support social entrepreneurs with high potential to create social impact from formulation of ideas through to investment readiness, deploying technical resources and high-level coaching skills. Encourage award winners to comply with our award’s terms and conditions and take appropriate action in the case of non-compliance
For more information and to apply click the Apply button.
Closing Date: Thursday 24th May 2018 at 10.00am
Face-to-face Interviews: Thursday 7th June 2018, Bradford
UnLtd is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity and respect. We welcome applications from individuals who identify with one or more of the 9 protected characteristics of the equalities act.