Senior Finance Officer
Harris Hill charity recruiters are proud to be working with a leading national charity to find an accomplished and talented Senior Finance Officer. This is a great opportunity within a growing organisation which was set-up to offer support & advice to children, young people and adults going through difficult times.
You will be working with the Finance Director to improve, refine and apply financial management systems to make sure they remain effective.
Additionally, you have a supporting role in ensuring the charities projects & programmes are properly budgeted and running efficiently.
- At least three years' experience in financial management, systems and reporting
- Experienced in managing and developing staff
- AAT qualification (or similar)
- Proficiency in Sage 50, Excel, Outlook and Word
- A good understanding of payroll processes
- A good understanding of VAT requirements
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fast learner, capable of understanding and implementing new systems quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with a wide range of volunteers and staff
- Ability to cope well in an environment where bereavement issues are constantly under discussion
- Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends when necessary