Active New Communities Project Manager
Living Sport and our local partners – Public Health, Local Authorities, Developers and Housing Associations - has secured a £½m National Lottery grant from Sport England Core Markets Fund for a project in new housing growth communities across Cambridgeshire & Peterborough.
We are seeking to recruit an ‘Active New Communities’ Project Manager to deliver this 4 year project. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team for an exciting and important project for our area.
The Active New Communities project focuses on helping individuals to stay active during the life change of moving house and this project will be delivered into eight strategic growth sites in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough being built and occupied during the period 2018-2022. These entirely new communities, which within the early build stage lack sporting facilities and established sport/physical activity provision, can have a negative impact on physical activity habits and this project will bring together a range of partner organisations to work together to ensure that residents are provided with information about and opportunities to engage in sport and physical activity.
- To coordinate and develop partnerships with partner agencies and community stakeholders to identify and implement ways of working closer together to achieve collective ideals to retain participation in sport and physical activity amongst those moving into new housing growth communities
- To research and implement the sporting, recreational, health and well-being and active engagement needs of local populations for delivery of projects with local communities and groups in identified new housing growth areas
- Building on an understanding of local needs to identify key challenges and opportunities to coordinate and develop responses to these (on a local level) to improve the take up and access to physical activity services. In particular working closely with partners and stakeholders to actively target inactive user groups and in areas of health inequalities to increase their participation in sports and active lifestyles
- To develop an overarching action plan, considering a variety of approaches in commissioning delivery of sports and lifestyle development activities and promoting good practice, delivery within budget parameters, which is cost effective, of good quality and sustainable
- To be responsible for maximising the income opportunities to support the ‘Active New Communities’ project applying for grants and other funding for new opportunities and schemes to promote and enhance physical activity amongst target groups and residents
- To ensure all administration, monitoring and evaluation is completed fully and accurately and within deadlines in accordance with the requirements of the Sport England contract. Assessment of the Workforce Development Coordinator performance against targets, with prompt, informed, actions taken to address any deficits in project performance.
- To develop and coordinate the implementation of the Marketing and Communications Plan for ‘Active New Communities’
- To establish and maintain an ‘Active New Communities’ network involving contacts within key agencies, such as Local Authorities, Public Health, Housing Developers and Voluntary, Charitable and Social Enterprise organisations in the area