Assistant Financial Accountant
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment are proud to be working along a membership body to recruit an Assistant Financial Accountant.
This is an exciting & varied role as you will be responsible in assisting with a range of finance functions. You will be responsible for completing the monthly reconciliations, this includes preparing the year end schedules and statutory accounts. You will also help with the preparation of the annual returns alongside the Financial Accountant.
You will assist in the preparation of the VAT and Corporation tax returns. You will also support in the delivery of financial services to internal and external stakeholder's by making sure that processes and controls are maintained.
Occasionally the successful candidate will need to cover the functions of the Cashier and Treasury Management posts.
- Up to date knowledge of accounting standards and regulations (UKGAAP and/or SORP)
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of VAT
- using accounting software with experience of Open Accounts is desirable
- effective and efficient cashiering including reconciling multiple bank accounts
- preparing accurate and timely monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- maintaining an accurate and current fixed asset register
- reconciling information between database and accounting system
- Ability to demonstrate robust accounting skills
- High level of expertise in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) including using pivot tables and v-lookups
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills that are customer focused with the ability to communicate at all levels throughout the organisation
- Ability to demonstrate excellent planning and prioritisation skills to support the team to achieve tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to communicate complex financial information effectively to non-financial managers
Apply for Assistant Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly