Data & Information Manager
The Silver Line is the UK’s only free, confidential, 24-hour helpline for vulnerable and isolated older people available every day and night of the year. Since launching nationally in November 2013 we have received over 1.8m calls, some simply to say “goodnight”. We have also recruited and trained 4000 volunteers as Silver Line Friends who make weekly calls to older people, or exchange a letter. Thanks to early support from the Big Lottery Fund and Founding Partners, the charity has established robust services in all areas of its helpline and friendship operations, and in October 2016 we completed a major project to open a new helpline office in Blackpool with 170 staff. The Silver Line has now moved into its next phase of development to significantly grow further dependable, sustainable income from multiple sources to allow delivery of our ambitious plans, and to support the operational growth and expansion of the charity’s activities including the development of a national network of regional volunteer hubs.
Data and information is central to how we understand and improve our services and measure our success. We monitor outputs and outcomes to improve service delivery, understand the needs of the older people we work with, support our volunteers and to provide fundraising with information for donors in line with their various monitoring and evaluation plans and requirements. To date such information has been managed from sources across the organisation but it is now essential that we centralise this function to more effectively analyse our quantitative and qualitative data and management information about operational delivery.
This new role will lead on data analysis and monitoring and evaluation of all our services, steer database development and maintain a suite of KPIs and Management Information reports. In addition it will work to maximise the strategic application of all our supporter data and produce accurate data selections from our Salesforce database producing reports, KPI's and analytics for the fundraising team.
Key Relationships: Fundraising, Operations and Finance Teams
- To gather internal and external data from across the organisation. Internal data will include operational and service statistics, quantitative and qualitative survey results. External data includes relevant demographic/country level indicators
- Develop, instigate and lead the data and analysis function across the organisation, ensuring that data and analytical insight play a key role in driving improved performance
- Design templates and surveys for data collection to provide relevant information for presentation for both internal and external customers
- Conduct data analyses including dashboards with trend analysis of past performance and projections of future activity
- Work closely with the fundraising team to ensure compliance with donor monitoring and evaluation frameworks for effective measurements for operational, service and funding delivery
- Work with colleagues to ensure seamless, efficient and timely monitoring processes are adhered to. Ensure that staff are capturing the required data and consistently meeting data quality standards through a staff training and refresher programme
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practice at all times
- Coordinate and ensure successful implementation of external independent evaluations as required
- Apply and keep fully abreast of appropriate academic theories and apply them accordingly as required by donors eg. Theory of Change
- Analyse the data generated by monitoring and evaluation processes, and present management information for senior managers and trustees that measures performance against agreed outcomes and targets.
- Take the lead in producing data and analysis on the impact of our work to be included in the organisation’s Annual Report, and any other impact reports, that is suitable for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Support on the production of competitive proposals with partners which generate income
- Develop new partnerships with external research bodies
- Support the policy and development sub-committee through the production of relevant reports and KPI’s
- Significant experience of data analysis, database solutions and/or Salesforce or other CRM system
Knowledge and Skills:
- A high level of competency using management information systems along with experience of setting up data collection and reporting mechanisms
- Degree educated with strong IT skills and proven ability to interpret, analyse, present, and draw meaningful conclusions from high volumes of data
- A strong understanding and experience of monitoring and evaluation, both in terms of how to measure outcomes and impact and how to monitor outputs and ensure accountability
- Demonstrable experience of developing research methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of creating and developing indicators for impacts of data, and project evaluation
- Experience of identifying trends, and conducting evaluation that will enhance future operations and evidence value
- Effective time management skills. Ability to multi task and work effectively under pressure, managing changing priorities whilst maintaining excellent and scrupulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to problem solve
- Demonstrable project management experience
- An enthusiasm to pass on your expertise and a strong sense of initiative
- Excellent communications skills, proven both in writing and verbally
- Good knowledge of the charity sector
Apply for Data & Information Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly