PR and Celebrity Manager
The Children's Charity are based in West Kensington and their role is to improve the lives of seriously ill children and their families. They have brilliant celebrity ambassadors and this role will be working alongside these people.
- Ensure all PR activity has high impact; through creating, delivering and evaluating an integrated PR plan; building extensive external networks; actively seeking media opportunities.
- Work to improve our charity ranking and be confident in monitoring and tracking all media activity to get the information you need to create meaningful reports and recommendations.
- Understand the political and social environment we operate in; and how to engage our ambassadors, and celebrities in all campaigns and aspects of our work, i.e. sports challenges, events and wishes.
- Manage all media enquiries and create an online news portal; upload releases to on-line news desks and build a bank of stories that can be supplied to journalists.
- Be constantly curious about everything that's happening at the Charity, seeking out new case studies and helping to prioritise competing stories and campaigns, helping to educate the team about what makes good news stories and how to get the media's attention.
- You will need to ensure that all PR activity is compliant with current legislation, including media regulations, photo permissions, etc.
- Extensive experience of media management and using monitoring systems like Gorkana and Kantar.
- Proven experience of managing press relationships, journalists and media requests.
- Strong track record of developing and running PR campaigns to include creativity and idea generation.
- Strong copywriting, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to make complex information accessible, crafting engaging press releases, statements, speeches and cases studies.
- Experience of working confidently and building long lasting relationships with celebrities, high-profile individuals and their agents. Experience of using social media as part of celebrity engagement; you'll have used PR tools, like Celebrity Intelligence to identify and follow social influencers.
- Experience of securing and preparing spokespersons for TV and Radio interviews, including some personal experience of managing photo calls and high-profile visits and media presence at events.
- Experience of planning for and effective handling media crises; identifying and mitigating reputational risks.
- Flexibility and willingness to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent organisational skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and manage a varied workload
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships and make sound judgements. Experienced in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- A positive attitude with a strong desire to contribute to the development and growth of the Charity and the ability to bake and eat a lot of a cake.
A unique opportunity to be part of a growing team that is passionate about brightening the lives of sick children and their families.
A friendly, contemporary, open plan office environment
A salary and exceptional benefits package including 25 days holiday rising to 30 days with service; employee assistance programme; life assurance; season ticket loan; child care vouchers; ride to work; auto enrolment pension; Vitality Healthcare subsidised gym membership & healthcare cover.