Our client supports people who face disadvantage or discrimination to have a voice that counts. Providing advocacy and user involvement services across England, our client is a growing organisation working with people who are vulnerable or marginalised to raise their voices and have their rights respected.
Position: Advocate IMCA
Location: Liverpool (Commutable from Birkenhead, Warrington, Chester and surrounding areas)
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: Hours – 22.5 hours per week, 9am – 5pm over 3 days, days to be confirmed at interview
Salary: £21,000 - £25,700 per annum
Closing date: 21st May 2018
About the role:
The Advocate role is concerned with strengthening voices, championing rights and changing lives of people who may be marginalised or vulnerable. Jobholders would normally report to the Service Manager or Managing Advocate and would be responsible for providing a direct service to gain positive outcomes for people along with wider impacts.
- Work flexibly and creatively to deliver a strong outcomes focused service that achieves a high level of positive impact for those who use the service
- Positively influence and build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders to ensure that impact is achieved for individuals / groups of people they work with both locally and nationally
- Require expert knowledge and understanding of their subject area
- Introduce innovative solutions to problems both internal and external
- Provide technical and professional information to a range of stakeholders
- Be responsible for a range of issues / activities requiring investigation to resolve
- Contribute to technical planning and have an understanding of the implications of predicted developments within the business discipline
- Provide feedback to the Service Manager / Managing Advocate
- Responsible for delivering an efficient and effective direct advocacy service, ensuring a consistently high standard in maintained and delivered in an empowering framework
- Maintain appropriate records / paperwork in support of an effective and efficient advocacy service
- Be mindful of the budget set for the provision of the service and operate within the culture of cost awareness / savings / cost control, introducing efficiencies where appropriate
- Ensure Strong Relationship Management of existing stakeholders.
- Assist the Service Manager / Managing Advocate in developing new relationships and targeting specific work in support of their strategic plan
- Participate in various activities to support the winning of new work / maintaining current income streams
- Experience of working with a diverse range of vulnerable people with a wide variety of communication needs
- Understanding of principles of Advocacy and the statutory regulations and other key guidance covering this work.
- Ability to challenge professionals to ensure outcomes concerning the vulnerable person
- Good IT skills, a strong commitment to support people to have their voice heard
- Flexibility to travel is also required
- IAQ and IMCA qualified, or be willing to study for and pass within 12 months
- Ideally, you’ll have previous experience of working as an advocate
- Experience of acting as an RPR or IMCA
- Understanding of Mental Health is also highly desirable
- They’d also welcome applications from candidates who are DOLS qualified or willing to study for and pass the DOLS modules within 12 months
You may have experience of the following: Advocate, NHS, Vulnerable Adults, IAQ, Charity, Third Sector, Social Worker, IMCA, DOLS, RPR, Legislation, Policy, Support Worker, Healthcare etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.