Assistant SEND Transport Officer
About the role
The aim of the SEND transport team is to provide specialised home to school transport to children and young people.
As Assistant SEND Transport Officer for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for:
- To commission and manage home to school transport
- To scrutinise parent applications for home to school transport
- Provide support to the Operations Manager
We have been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children's services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education's eight 'Partners in Practice', tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be an Assistant SEND Transport Officer for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- Evidence that you put children and young people first
- Experience in Business Administration
- Excellent communication and customer service skills Benefit of working for Achieving for Children
As a social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Kingston, Richmond and Windsor & Maidenhead), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to:
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
You will find out more about our organisation at https://www.achievingforchildren.org.uk
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. Our learning and development offer was highlighted as a key strength by the judging panel when they named us Social Work Employer of the Year in 2016.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Claire Gill, Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
How to apply
Before applying please ensure you meet the essential criteria. You will then need to complete the online application, adding a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria outlined on the role profile. Some of our positions require CV only.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. However, should you not declare an offence that is subsequently revealed, e.g. through the DBS check, then this may place your appointment in jeopardy.